Xplorer4x4

Modeler Needed For LA Mod 4x4 Submod Series

As most of you know I have been hard at work with the LA Mod 4x4 submod series. 1 release down, 3 more to go! Each release will have a different map, but the changes wont stop there. I hope to include something unique to each version. The one talent I lack is Modeling/UV-Mapping, eggcarton has been hard at work on some modeling work for the next release. However, I need some one else to assist. For the time being, only one model is needed, but I wont say much about it in the open as of yet, but lets just say its a civilian car sort of. Just want to mention that as the challenges of doing a fire truck, for example is a bit different then that of a civil car as I understand it.

If you think your models are up to par, I ask you post screen shots, here in this topic, of atleast 2-5 units you have modeled and UV-Mapped.

The winner will be one of a select few who will get early access to the mod.

Get your model pics in quick though, as I would like to pick some one in the next 24 hours or sooner depending on how many people are willing to take on the task

Let's just say I hope to work with my team to take this release to a level beyond the first submod.

Thanks,

Xplorer4x4

Guest Osprey

Well Hi Xplorer

I'm a french UV-mapper but I only know how to edit a texture and not how to create one ( I hope it won't be a problem )

If you need me, I'm free for the moment

PS : I can speak and write in english. This point isn't a problem. The problem would just be the fact that i'm in france and you're in the USA ^^

I'm a french UV-mapper but I only know how to edit a texture and not how to create one ( I hope it won't be a problem )

It sounds like your referring to reskinning. This is no where close to being the same thing as a UV-Mapper. UV Mapping is making and placing a texture on to a model. I appreciate the offer but I do not need a reskinner at this moment. If things change I will keep you in mind.

The problem would just be the fact that i'm in france and you're in the USA ^^

Thats not a problem. I am usually up all night so I am more likley to be up at the same time you are anyways :P

I can do sketch up models pretty well if you can convert them.? but other then that i havent taken up modeling with Zmodeler cause i don't want to pay 60 bucks so i can export.

Good luck, USman :prop:

I can do sketch up models pretty well if you can convert them.? but other then that i havent taken up modeling with Zmodeler cause i don't want to pay 60 bucks so i can export.

Good luck, USman :prop:

I need to see some screen shots of your models, but yes if there good enough(no offense) then I can convert them.

Since no one on this forum seems to be able to help you explorer, you might wanna try this one:

http://forum.rigsofrods.com/index.php

Theres a LOT of well exerienced modelers and uv-mappers with free time. Hope you find someone

explorer, pm me if you wanna use my account, i dont mind

Assuming I can make my own account, I'll just do that if nothing else. I am just not sure how familiar they will be in regards to making models for EM4 as its a slightly different, to totally different beast. Like GTA IV models are often way to high in polygons to be used in EM4. Thanks for the advice though, I'll check it out.

here is one:

side.jpg

sideangle.jpg

Front.jpg

I am working on another one, if you PM me or post model of vehicle you want I can give that a go, or even a random one.

Thanks, USman :prop:

EDIT: here is a rescue that I did really quick, I will add more detail tomorrow.

EDIT: new photos posted, I was busy today and thats why it took so long. I am working on a ladder as of now just need a little more detail.

rescue2rear.jpgrescue2angle.jpg

sorry to double post but I havent got a yes/no response so I am giving this topic a little bump. :sorrysign:

Here is my ladder:

ladder2front.jpgladder2rear.jpgladder2top.jpg

Well if you think you can work on rounding off the front ends, then I think you might be up to the task. I will pm you here shortly.

The only reason I dont round them of is when making a sketch up model for a scene you have to "paint" it so windows have to be defined. Im not a skinner, but i don't think you need indents for the windows? or them to be defined placing a skin, but then again I am not a skinner....