to_etf

LA Mod Problems help?

hi guys,

when im playing the new la mod with all the patches installed, my buildings start to disappear along with all the units leaving a blank map with flashing lights lol. Happens during missions and in free play.. Im using a macbook pro running vmware to windows xp..

anyideas on what the problem(s) can be/ anyone else having or had these problems?

thanks in advance

-to_etf

Im using a macbook pro running vmware to windows xp..

I would guess this could be part of the problem. Use bootcamp to install Windows 7(no point in sticking with XP any more). By running vmware your shearing your PCs resources(RAM,CPU,GPU) between Windows and Mac, essentially making the computer do twice the work, and vmware is likley holding back the full power of windows on your macbook.

Secondly, being a notebook, my guess(as for the biggest problem) is cooling. Your video card sounds like it is over heating. Make sure you laptop had plenty of room to vent at all times, but more importantly during gameing.

I would guess this could be part of the problem. Use bootcamp to install Windows 7(no point in sticking with XP any more). By running vmware your shearing your PCs resources(RAM,CPU,GPU) between Windows and Mac, essentially making the computer do twice the work, and vmware is likley holding back the full power of windows on your macbook.

Secondly, being a notebook, my guess(as for the biggest problem) is cooling. Your video card sounds like it is over heating. Make sure you laptop had plenty of room to vent at all times, but more importantly during gameing.

I have tried to use 911:FR with Windows Vista and 7, and the program would crash so i resorted back to XP. I think its the video card as you said, it gets very hot and is working overtime.... I shall try using bootcamp.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

-to_etf

You also have to run the game with administrator privs in Win7 (right click and choose Run as Administrator, or something along those lines). In addition to that, it has to be run in Windows XP SP2 compatability mode. I used XP SP3 mode the first time I tried to run it in Win7, and it wouldn't even start up. XP SP2 mode it runs without issue.

And yes, you should also update your video card driver like Xplorer says. When you install Win7, in many cases it uses the generic Microsoft drivers for the card, or an old version of the manufacturers driver. Find the mnaufacturer of your video card and check their website for newer versions of the driver.

Hope you get it working!

You also have to run the game with administrator privs in Win7 (right click and choose Run as Administrator, or something along those lines). In addition to that, it has to be run in Windows XP SP2 compatability mode. I used XP SP3 mode the first time I tried to run it in Win7, and it wouldn't even start up. XP SP2 mode it runs without issue.

Thats not true at all. I run Win 7 Ultimate x64 and do not have the game set to run as admin or compatible. No problems here.