Dyson

Need help regarding Skinning

hi,

I used to own a copy of this game and could open DDS files, later i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, the photoshop plugin won't open 'parse' the .dds files (CS3) I have re-downloaded the plug-in several times with no luck, I've also downloaded several converter's and even Infraview which is so highly regarded, all with no luck? Does anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate to get modding again but just can't.

you need to unpack the dds files. its the same process but when you click unlock and get to the v3o you need to go to the end of the file name and erase v3o and put in dds. wala. DONE SON.

OMG I actually knew this is what I had to do (unlocking the .dds file instead of the .v3o) but i had been going about it wrong, I had manually changed a .dds into a .v3o file thinking thats what I had to do, anyway I'll have a try now, thanks guy's :12:

EDIT: No back to square one nothing can parse the file once I've unlocked it. :machkaputt:

I think he meant exactly which dds file. It was kind of obvious already that your trying to unlock a dds file.

Also what version of windows are you on? The dds plug in can cause problems with 64 bit windows, and in regard to Ifranview, i think it needs a plug in for dds support.

Try with Paint.Net is a free and very good programm. It supports .DDS without a plugin

Right I'm sort of following, well I had no internet all yesterday so had a mess around, I've got the lapd_impala.dds and I first unlocked it in the editor, then I couldn't open it with photoshop so I converted it into a standard Bitmap, then I edited the skin, saved it and put it back into the my programs folder, then went into the editor and packed the file again, in the editor the model was unchanged and didn't even appear in game, so where from now?

why not use the dds converter in the download section and then make it a jpeg. edit that then convert it back to a dds. for me that is simple and gets the job done.

That is literally what I have done bar the fact that I've used a different converter, but I'll retry using that one.

It's just, walk me through how to add an edited .dds file back into the game, I have packed it placed it back in the folder, still nothing.