timmiej93

Angle doens match VO / Personell spawning at wrong FS

Hey,

I recently managed to spawn two USFS forest engines outside of FS2, but they are at a weird angle, immagine:

The VO is placed like this: |

The trucks are places like this: -

Does anyone have a fix on that??

And then my second question, the personell for those trucks are spawning at FS1, while the trucks are at FS2.

Does anyone know where in the scripts that can be changed??

Thnx

Tim

Btw, I'll let everyone know here when I myself find a fix.

Edited by timmiej93

Look at the script, it list 2 VOs for the USFS trucks your spawning. One of those will be the location it spawn, the other will be the VO that dictates what angle to park at. For example at FS1 there is a vo called fs_battalion and fs_battalion2. fs_battalion is the parking spot while battalion2 indicates where to turn to. Note, if both engines use the same turn to VO, then you need to place this VO along the top of the map near the hospital. When 2 objects share the same turn to VO, the VO needs to be placed very far away, but somewhat lined up to the parking spots(as in due north for example).

As for spawning, I am to tired to get in to this as it can be a little tricky. I will say this though, you have to set the spawn point in lafirestation and latofirestation. In latofirestation, this tell the crew what spawn location to run to when they exit the vehicle. As possible quick fix(it depends on how you scripted the spawn point - is it a new spawn point or not?) you can try to alter the VO named fs_squad02 so that the USFS trucks are inside that VO, but it depends. If your using the default spawn location inside FS2, this should work, if not we need to see the scripts, and even then posting the scripts is probably a safe thing to do anyways so that we can make sure you trying to spawn them at FS2 but accidentally scripted them to spawn at fs1 or something like that.

Look at the script, it list 2 VOs for the USFS trucks your spawning. One of those will be the location it spawn, the other will be the VO that dictates what angle to park at. For example at FS1 there is a vo called fs_battalion and fs_battalion2. fs_battalion is the parking spot while battalion2 indicates where to turn to. Note, if both engines use the same turn to VO, then you need to place this VO along the top of the map near the hospital. When 2 objects share the same turn to VO, the VO needs to be placed very far away, but somewhat lined up to the parking spots(as in due north for example).

As for spawning, I am to tired to get in to this as it can be a little tricky. I will say this though, you have to set the spawn point in lafirestation and latofirestation. In latofirestation, this tell the crew what spawn location to run to when they exit the vehicle. As possible quick fix(it depends on how you scripted the spawn point - is it a new spawn point or not?) you can try to alter the VO named fs_squad02 so that the USFS trucks are inside that VO, but it depends. If your using the default spawn location inside FS2, this should work, if not we need to see the scripts, and even then posting the scripts is probably a safe thing to do anyways so that we can make sure you trying to spawn them at FS2 but accidentally scripted them to spawn at fs1 or something like that.

Yeah i have the second VO, and placed it just like at the batallion chief. The park VO's are placed next to eachother, and in front of those there are the Directional VO's (like fs_batallion2).

This evening i will post some screens to indicate the problem. ( I gotta leave for work in a few minutes, so i cant now).

As for the spawning: I will try your suggestion, thanx.

as for the spawning, I turned the scrips LAFireStation, LAFireStationStart and LAToFireStation upside down and still couldnt find the spawn settings.

I dont know if its ok to post scripts here?? but if it is ok, it would be nice if someone could look in to it.

Yes i know the mains are extra long, i'll explain why.

First i had almost square vo's and i figured that the vo might be wider than it was long, and that could be the reason of it turning that way, so i made them longer. :D

Ps: Here are the scripts.

Again in a rar file becuse i'm not permitted to upload script files..

Allright, this is what happens when I click the fixed return to firestation button:

DxDiag.txt

Seems perfect right??

Well this happens after something like 5 seconds:

em2012.txt

Strange right??

Allready found a fix:

1 VO for both trucks far away.

The spawn though is still off....

Edited by timmiej93

So the only problem left is to get the FFs to spawn at FS2 for those rigs? Well Theres 2 ways to do this. You can add a spawn point right infront of the door near the USFS trucks, or you can use the spawn point already used at FS2. Using the existing spawn point will be much easier, but the problem is, this means the FFs have to run through the station, and may sometimes run through the front garages doors to get to there rigs. To test it out just expand the VO named fs_squad02(I believe, it will be a vo named quad and it will cover the entire main part of the FS) to fit those trucks in it to. Doesnt have to be pretty, or nice or even, just need to fit the the VOs for the USFS in the Squad VO. You might need to get the turn to VOs inside the squad VO as well.

Now for the slightly trickier part, which would be if you need a new spawn point. It's not incredibly hard. You will need to create 2 new VOs. I suggest putting a spawn point right outside the back door, and making it about the width of the back door. Then drag it out just a little to form a rectangle. It doesnt need to be to big. Name it fs_spawn04(well name it what you like but we have fs_spawn01,fs_spawn02,and fs_spawn03, so I like to keep it simple and keep the pattern going). Now create a VO that encloses the 4Vos used for the USFS trucks and your spawn point. We already have fs_squad01 and fs_squad02 so I like to name mine fs_squad03, but double check that to make sure I didnt forget a squad vo. If I did pick up where it leaves off. Now I just woek up, so I cant be asked to script this out right now, but just post back here and let me know when you get that doen and I will try to get you started on scripting in the new spawn and squad vo. If you like you can try to look and see how Hoppah did it and see if you can accomplish it yourself, but keep me posted.

So the only problem left is to get the FFs to spawn at FS2 for those rigs? Well Theres 2 ways to do this. You can add a spawn point right infront of the door near the USFS trucks, or you can use the spawn point already used at FS2. Using the existing spawn point will be much easier, but the problem is, this means the FFs have to run through the station, and may sometimes run through the front garages doors to get to there rigs. To test it out just expand the VO named fs_squad02(I believe, it will be a vo named quad and it will cover the entire main part of the FS) to fit those trucks in it to. Doesnt have to be pretty, or nice or even, just need to fit the the VOs for the USFS in the Squad VO. You might need to get the turn to VOs inside the squad VO as well.

Now for the slightly trickier part, which would be if you need a new spawn point. It's not incredibly hard. You will need to create 2 new VOs. I suggest putting a spawn point right outside the back door, and making it about the width of the back door. Then drag it out just a little to form a rectangle. It doesnt need to be to big. Name it fs_spawn04(well name it what you like but we have fs_spawn01,fs_spawn02,and fs_spawn03, so I like to keep it simple and keep the pattern going). Now create a VO that encloses the 4Vos used for the USFS trucks and your spawn point. We already have fs_squad01 and fs_squad02 so I like to name mine fs_squad03, but double check that to make sure I didnt forget a squad vo. If I did pick up where it leaves off. Now I just woek up, so I cant be asked to script this out right now, but just post back here and let me know when you get that doen and I will try to get you started on scripting in the new spawn and squad vo. If you like you can try to look and see how Hoppah did it and see if you can accomplish it yourself, but keep me posted.

Ok thanx for the first part, i'll definatly try that, and if that doesnt work i'll try making a new spawn point.

But there still is the problem of the rigs spawning turned.

Allright, altered the VO fs_squad02 as you can see on the screens.

post-11895-0-90826000-1289427103.jpg

Haven't tried it out yet, will let you know in a few minutes.

BRILLIANT :D

Works like a charm.

Maybe later on i'll make a new spawn point, just because it looks better, but who cares :D.

I'm hoping now that I can fix the spawning problem too.

Edited by timmiej93

Im confused, if it worked, whats wrong with the spawning? Are they still spawning at FS1 even though there included in the squad VO for fs2? If thats the case, then there will be some scripting needed. If you have updated your scripts upload them here, in a rar, or even better use www.pastebin.com.

The personell spawns fine now, but the trucks are still spawning crooked.

I dont understand pastebin completely yet, so i'll upload a rar file again.

I haven't changed much since the last upload, but it could be crucial changes.

epa.doc

Figured out pastebin, could be usefull.

Edited by timmiej93

Ok first off, a tip. If you need to disable multiple lines, rather then doing // on 5 lines or so like this:

//		ActorList l20 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA02A);
// for(int i=0; i < l20.GetNumActors(); i++)
// {
// Vector Forest02 = l20.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
// Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_FOREST, UNNAMED);
// m.EnableBlueLights(false);
// m.SetPosition(Forest02);
// m.UpdatePlacement();
// m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
// m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
// m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
// m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);
// m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
// }

do it like this:

/*ActorList l20 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA02A);
for(int i=0; i < l20.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
Vector Forest02 = l20.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_FOREST, UNNAMED);
m.EnableBlueLights(false);
m.SetPosition(Forest02);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
}*/

The /* start the beginning of the code you want to comment out(in other words disable), and then */ will mark the end. Another tip, if you havent doen so already, find an app called Notepad2. Its much better then editing code with notepad from windows. Load it go to Settings->Syntax Theme->C/C++ Source code. When you go to a bracket like { it will show the bracket in red as well as the closing bracket. If the brack is blue, then you have an extra bracket, or need to add one. By brackets I mean this { and this }.

Ok on to the scripts. At a glance they look ok. It may be the trun to VO. From the newest scren shots it doesnt look like the turn to vo is directly in front of the parking VO like it is with the BC. Im surprised there spawning crooked. In my experience they parked sideways when they spawned so I add to add some extra code to get them to spawn correctly. If there both using the same turn to VO, my guess is you need to line it up more even, and try to move it as far away as possible. For example in my submod, the turn to vo for LAPP was at the edge of the map in the port area, but units parked crooked, so I moved it all the way to the bottom of the map and now the turn to VO is so far away that they park straight.

You can try to use the code here:

To set the direction of there spawning. This fools the game in to making them think there parking in a station bay and should park facing gate6b(the rear gate not the front gate). If your ok with them not parked backwards when they spawn you could do something like this in LAFirestationStart:

ActorList l19 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA01A);
for(int i=0; i < l19.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
Vector Forest01 = l19.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
m.SetPosition(Forest01);
m.SetRotation(gate6);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
}

By adding m.SetRotation(gate6); your telling it to spawn facing the same direction as the unit in bay 6(pointing north towards the port).

You seem to have a descent understanding, so I think if you look into the fire scripts for my submod, you can figure out how I spawned units in that spot.

Another thing I can for see being a problem is your telling all USFS Trucks to return to 2 different parking VOs. This may confuse the game. An easy way to bypass this, is use the editor to clone the USFS truck and just add a 2 to the prototype name. So name the clone usfs_engine2.e4p. This should copy all lights and commands over from the first USFS Truck. Then set your scripts to spawn usfs_engine.e4p and spawn usfs_engine2.e4p in the second spot. This way usfs_engine.e4p will know to go to spot 1, while usfs_engine2.e4p knows to go to the second spot.

Well I hope I havent bored you with my lecture, and I hope this was useful. ;)

Ok first off, a tip. If you need to disable multiple lines, rather then doing // on 5 lines or so like this:

//		ActorList l20 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA02A);
// for(int i=0; i < l20.GetNumActors(); i++)
// {
// Vector Forest02 = l20.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
// Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_FOREST, UNNAMED);
// m.EnableBlueLights(false);
// m.SetPosition(Forest02);
// m.UpdatePlacement();
// m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
// m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
// m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
// }

do it like this:

/*ActorList l20 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA02A);
for(int i=0; i < l20.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
Vector Forest02 = l20.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
m.SetPosition(Forest02);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
}*/

The /* start the beginning of the code you want to comment out(in other words disable), and then */ will mark the end. Another tip, if you havent doen so already, find an app called Notepad2. Its much better then editing code with notepad from windows. Load it go to Settings->Syntax Theme->C/C++ Source code. When you go to a bracket like { it will show the bracket in red as well as the closing bracket. If the brack is blue, then you have an extra bracket, or need to add one. By brackets I mean this { and this }.

Ok thanx for that. Btw, is Notepad2 installable?? I found a .exe file that runs it directly, but a install would be nicer.

Edit:

Never mind, moved the .exe file to program files (not really necesary but I like my pc to be cleaned up:D) and then associated .script files with the .exe file.

(stupid question from me)

Ok on to the scripts. At a glance they look ok. It may be the trun to VO. From the newest scren shots it doesnt look like the turn to vo is directly in front of the parking VO like it is with the BC. Im surprised there spawning crooked. In my experience they parked sideways when they spawned so I add to add some extra code to get them to spawn correctly. If there both using the same turn to VO, my guess is you need to line it up more even, and try to move it as far away as possible. For example in my submod, the turn to vo for LAPP was at the edge of the map in the port area, but units parked crooked, so I moved it all the way to the bottom of the map and now the turn to VO is so far away that they park straight.

About that: I have my VO way outside the, uhm how do i explain this....

Outside of the map texture if you like.

in the black area where there is no map.

so it really couldnt be too close.

Maybe because it's outside of the map??

Another thing I can for see being a problem is your telling all USFS Trucks to return to 2 different parking VOs. This may confuse the game. An easy way to bypass this, is use the editor to clone the USFS truck and just add a 2 to the prototype name. So name the clone usfs_engine2.e4p. This should copy all lights and commands over from the first USFS Truck. Then set your scripts to spawn usfs_engine.e4p and spawn usfs_engine2.e4p in the second spot. This way usfs_engine.e4p will know to go to spot 1, while usfs_engine2.e4p knows to go to the second spot.

Yeah i know about this, and i was thinking about scripting it like Engine 1 or 2, but that would require that they line up behind eachother right??

And i'm affraid that when i do what you say here, making a usfs_engine2.e4p, when i need a new truck, for instance when i let one of them blow up, that i can call a new truck, but that it wont park at the spot for usfs_engine2.e4p, because it is just a normal usfs_engine.e4p.

You can try to use the code here:

http://forum.emergen...5-msetrotation/

To set the direction of there spawning. This fools the game in to making them think there parking in a station bay and should park facing gate6b(the rear gate not the front gate). If your ok with them not parked backwards when they spawn you could do something like this in LAFirestationstart:

ActorList l19 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA01A);
for(int i=0; i < l19.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
Vector Forest01 = l19.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
m.SetPosition(Forest01);
m.SetRotation(gate6);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
}

By adding m.SetRotation(gate6); your telling it to spawn facing the same direction as the unit in bay 6(pointing north towards the port).

Ok i'll try this what you say here and what i found on your link.

I really apreciate the effort you are taking here and you definatly didn't bore me with your help:D

Btw, I hope I didn't bore you this loooooong post :blush:

Edited by timmiej93

Hmm,, trouble

got this error when i loaded the mod:

logfile.txt

I searched the file around the parts i edited the last, but i can't find the problem anywhere.

Do you perhaps know a program that checks for suchs errors or can you see which line is f*cked up from the screen??

Ps could you uplad your scheme that you use in notepad2?? mine isnt really usefull and i dont really know what colours are handy.

Ok thanx for that. Btw, is Notepad2 installable?? I found a .exe file that runs it directly, but a install would be nicer.

Edit:

Never mind, moved the .exe file to program files (not really necesary but I like my pc to be cleaned up:D) and then associated .script files with the .exe file.

(stupid question from me)

Nope no installer, but like you I just made a folder for it in program files. ;)

About that: I have my VO way outside the, uhm how do i explain this....

Outside of the map texture if you like.

in the black area where there is no map.

so it really couldnt be too close.

Maybe because it's outside of the map??

I always keep my VOs inside the borders of the map, so it may be the problem. However, it may just need to be more parallel with the VO.

Yeah i know about this, and i was thinking about scripting it like Engine 1 or 2, but that would require that they line up behind eachother right??

And i'm affraid that when i do what you say here, making a usfs_engine2.e4p, when i need a new truck, for instance when i let one of them blow up, that i can call a new truck, but that it wont park at the spot for usfs_engine2.e4p, because it is just a normal usfs_engine.e4p.

Yes if you script it like Engine 1 and 2 they would line up, As for USFS2, with a little work you can have it appear in the dispatch menu. You would need to copy the USFS Units folder to your desktop, rename it slightly, then edit its unit xml file. Then I think the bare minimum to get it showing in game would be edit portraits.xml(in specs or language folder, I forget). It wont have a proper name, but it works.

I really apreciate the effort you are taking here and you definatly didn't bore me with your help:D

Well usually I am trying to explain things to some one who wont grasp most of what I say, but you seem to have atleast a basic grasp on what your doing, so I can actually go in to detail with out trying to make things super basic.

Btw, I hope I didn't bore you this loooooong post :blush:

Wasnt that long aside from the quotes :P

I always keep my VOs inside the borders of the map, so it may be the problem. However, it may just need to be more parallel with the VO.

Ok i'll try it and i'll get back to it.

Don't know if the allign to gate06b has helped, but i'll let you know if it does.

Yes if you script it like Engine 1 and 2 they would line up, As for USFS2, with a little work you can have it appear in the dispatch menu. You would need to copy the USFS Units folder to your desktop, rename it slightly, then edit its unit xml file. Then I think the bare minimum to get it showing in game would be edit portraits.xml(in specs or language folder, I forget). It wont have a proper name, but it works.

Sounds damn difficult, but maybe i'll try it later on. (allmost gotta go to bed, gotta work tomorrow)

Well usually I am trying to explain things to some one who wont grasp most of what I say, but you seem to have atleast a basic grasp on what your doing, so I can actually go in to detail with out trying to make things super basic.

yeah well at my school there is a subject called 'informatica', and my crazy teacher there taught me how to make small java programs, and this is pretty much the same :D

Earlier today i posted this:

Hmm,, trouble

got this error when i loaded the mod:

I searched the file around the parts i edited the last, but i can't find the problem anywhere.

Do you perhaps know a program that checks for suchs errors or can you see which line is f*cked up from the screen??

Ps could you uplad your scheme that you use in notepad2?? mine isnt really usefull and i dont really know what colours are handy.

I fixed it by looking at the log file :D

for anyone who doesnt know the log file:

its in your install folder, for instance:

C:\Games\Sixteen Tons Entertainment\Emergency 4

under the name of logfile.txt

Ok i'll try it and i'll get back to it.

Don't know if the allign to gate06b has helped, but i'll let you know if it does.

This is what I used in my submod. I have an EMS Charger and Brush truck parked in this 2 spots your using. At game start they always spawned sideways. I used the normal rotation for gate06 but it made the units park facing forward. I applied that fix i linked to and they started spawning backed in as I wanted/hoped for. I find the rotation function can be very useful during spawning.

Sounds damn difficult, but maybe i'll try it later on. (allmost gotta go to bed, gotta work tomorrow)

What your doing to the fire scripts is MUCH harder then what I suggested.

yeah well at my school there is a subject called 'informatica', and my crazy teacher there taught me how to make small java programs, and this is pretty much the same :D

Ahh I personally came over from working with php. Never worked with Java but having knowledge of a similar programing language is a big help. I know everything looked a bit foreign to me at first, but once I learned what everything meant,it felt like working with php all over again.

If you have more problems just post them here or a new thread and I will try to help out.

This is what I used in my submod. I have an EMS Charger and Brush truck parked in this 2 spots your using. At game start they always spawned sideways. I used the normal rotation for gate06 but it made the units park facing forward. I applied that fix i linked to and they started spawning backed in as I wanted/hoped for. I find the rotation function can be very useful during spawning.

Well i changed what you said, and they spawn right now, only facing forward (not that i mind)

So it looks like all problems are fixed now :D

thnx for the help

Ok, maybe i shouldn't post this here and start a new thread, but it still involves the trucks outside.

I replaced one of the USFS trucks with a HES struck now.

Everything runs fine, exept for the returning to firestation.

when you click the button, it says: this vehicle doesnt belong at the firestation.

I have the script on PasteBin.

I really cant figure out why it does this, so help would be nice.

I think its the Ls

You have:

GameObjectList l5;
Game::CollectObstaclesOnVirtualObject(VO_HES, l, ACTOR_VEHICLE);
if(l4.GetNumObjects() > 0)
{
Mission::PlayHint(HINT_NOSPACE);
v.PushActionReturnToBase(ACTION_NEWLIST);
return;
} else
{
ActorList l1 = Game::GetActors(VO_HES);
ActorList l2 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA_BOTH);
}
}

Try this:

GameObjectList l5;

Game::CollectObstaclesOnVirtualObject(VO_HES, l5, ACTOR_VEHICLE);

if(l5.GetNumObjects() > 0)

{

Mission::PlayHint(HINT_NOSPACE);

v.PushActionReturnToBase(ACTION_NEWLIST);

return;

} else

{

ActorList l1 = Game::GetActors(VO_HES);

ActorList l2 = Game::GetActors(VO_EXTRA_BOTH);

}

}

After VO_HES you just had an l not l5. You put GameObjectList l5 on the first line and all the Ls after this need to be l5, well all the ones for the HES. I think that will solve it. ;)

In the latofirestation.script i dont think it matters aside from thing like the ALS Engines,BLS Engines, and ALS Ambulances simply because they have multiple parking spots inside the station, but for the rest of them, from what I can see it doesnt matter so long as all the Ls for that particular OBJ matches up.

Now in the other 2 fire station scripts, I believe each OBJ needs to have a different L#. I find it best to do each units in the order it appears, so if you has a HES after the USAR in LA Fire Station Start, and the USAR is l6, I would make the HES l7 and update any units after that to a new l#, but again, the ALS Engines,BLS Engines and ALS Ambos are where it gets tricky.