kuha

Changing USAR and ladder (or tiller) truck staffing

I'd like to change USAR truck staffing from two USAR FF to two USAR FF and and FF/EMT with SCBAs and I like also have ladder and tiller staffed with two FF/EMTs and two FF/EMT with SCBAs. I need help to editing scripts because I haven't to ideas how to do it. Could somebody please help me?

-kuha

Yes, I know that script lines and some editing in unit.xmls are required but I still ain't ideas what to add or edit. That's why I'm asking you to say which I should add to scripts and so on.

-kuha

Ok look for OBJ_USAR and a few lines under that you will see dummy cal crew, or something like this. These lines refer to the staff. The FFs are numbered by there type:

So in case of the USAR you would see something like dummy cal crew 6. If you want a Medic with case, change the 6 to a 1.

You might want to edit the BC script so the units are staffed the same as the station.

The fire station isn't that hard to edit once you figure it out. I figured it all out back on my own during 1.5 when I was replacing vehicles at the fire station. Back then you had to edit VOs and everything.

The number corresponds to what type of firefighter will be called. 1 is a FF/PM, 2 is the PM stretcher team, 3 is the FF/EMT, 4 is the BC, 5 is the HAZMAT, 6 is USAR, and 7 is EMT stretcher team.

Just change the numbers to change the type of firefighters called. If you want to add firefighters, copy the wait and the callcrew lines for as many firefighters as you want. Always make sure the 1.5 length is last.

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 3, false);

I know that but I meant like about the numbers AFTER "dummy call crew." It says like 1.5, 0.3, 0.5, etc. Is that related to someother script? gruebel.gif

That is the delay in calling the next firefighter so they don't all spawn at the same time and jam the door. The higher the number the longer the wait.

Its trial and error on this subject. If they get stuck and dont run to the ladder, then no. If they get stuck but still make it to the ladder, then it may not hurt to offset the times just a bit but its your preference. The main time these numbers really matter is at the start of the game, and mostly at FS1 because you have 50,000 people run out where as FS2 is a bit less packed with units to staff.