njboy13

Aviation

I flew two week ago with American Airlines: one of the best food in all the planes I´ve flown.

njboy13, good luck with your flight lessons, what plane do you use?

LOL AA with good food. You should see what they serve on Domestic; oh wait, that's right, you have to buy it. You should go Delta 1st Class if you want good food. Champagne, caviar, lamb...

Hmm I'm going to try to get my dad to buy me $300+ of addons for FSX for my birthday. This includes the PMDG MD-11 (and 737NGX and 777 when they come out), all of FlyTampa's FSX scenery, the QW 757, the Level-D 767, and the Captain Sim 707. Just need to find a 717 and a 787 and I'll be set (already picked up the PMDG 747 for like $10 at Best Buy).

I always fly Continental First class, great food. Too bad they're merging with United. Never had a good experience on United.

And I know QW is working no a 787, probably won't be released until around the end of the year, but looks good. I already they're 757 and it's great. I like it better than Captain Sim.

LOL AA with good food. You should see what they serve on Domestic; oh wait, that's right, you have to buy it. You should go Delta 1st Class if you want good food. Champagne, caviar, lamb...

I went on the normal class in a transatlantic fly and the food was free, in other companies like Iberia you have to buy it.

Fly private, better food, better service and less cattle-car feelings for the flight, especially if you're flying 15 hours on the thing=)

Sadly, in the USA if you're flying you're screwed, they equally rape err imean "surcharge" for things that used to be free.... Kinda sad really when your luggage flying with you for free is a perk of flying an airline!

172/182's are the world's most popular trainer props out there... The older ones are reliable enough but sadly fall into disrepair as most things do with age and a rookie in control of a bird that might have issues is not the best of ideas, so they tend to favor the newer guys since they are usually pretty reliable about not having severe failures.... If you take it above the single engine prop certification I hope you have alotta money=( tis very expensive very fast to learn to fly a multi-engine jet.

Fly private, better food, better service and less cattle-car feelings for the flight, especially if you're flying 15 hours on the thing=)

Sadly, in the USA if you're flying you're screwed, they equally rape err imean "surcharge" for things that used to be free.... Kinda sad really when your luggage flying with you for free is a perk of flying an airline!

172/182's are the world's most popular trainer props out there... The older ones are reliable enough but sadly fall into disrepair as most things do with age and a rookie in control of a bird that might have issues is not the best of ideas, so they tend to favor the newer guys since they are usually pretty reliable about not having severe failures.... If you take it above the single engine prop certification I hope you have alotta money=( tis very expensive very fast to learn to fly a multi-engine jet.

I flew private once and it was the greatest 4 hours of my life. Pilots were nice, you aren't crushed between two fat people, no crying babies. Unfortunatley that was a once in a lifetime thing. The first and only time my father brought the whole family on the company jet for a business trip. But we don't have the money to rent our own, and my dad sadly retired.

I don't think I'm going above private pilot other than maybe an instrument rating. And people I've talked to, private jet pilots who are instructors, even they say being a pilot is not what it used to be. Used to one of the most respected groups of people, live in a huge nice house, but they say these days, your comparable to a city bus driver.

Flying is routine these days, but with so many people in the industry and the fact the planes are well, pretty much fly-by-themselves now... Commercial pilots are nothing more than cattle car fliers of the friendly skies, too many planes with too little ATC so it's a pain in the backside on larger airfields..... The money is still very good (don't let them fool you) but if you paid your own way yeap it'll take a long time to actually see the fruits of your labor... IFR rating on a puddle jumper won't eat you alive, you really only start getting raped when you hit into the multi-engine aircraft, particularly jet powered. Private pilots make VERY good money but it's definately not the most entertaining job in the world, if you're looking for respect and admiration you're in the wrong field... You're there to make a decent buck, nothing more... nothing less=) But if you enjoy it and somehow can afford to pay for it, it's a decent gig other than the fact your home really isnt where you spend any time unless you're a regional operated pilot, otherwise you'll spend most nights in hotels.

Sadly, the majority of the cost of education of aviation training comes from meeting the flight hour requirements, which rapidly climbs depending on the aircraft-type.... for a VFR Single Prop it's about 5-6,000 USD but as you go up the ladder so too does the cost of certification on the things=-( unfortunately the more spensive the birdie the more they charge to learn to fly the thing