USman

In need of assistance

I live in rural Iowa and therefore would like to create a rural map. There is one major problem with this.... i dont know how. If I could get a few excellent tutorials that would br great. I am not a computer wiz and am a total beginner at this.

Welcome to the site,

How about the tutorials section?

Thanks for the advice Stan. The tutorials helped a little, thanks tymad, but I am still lost. I will experiment but am still open to help. Thanks

I live in rural Iowa and therefore would like to create a rural map. There is one major problem with this.... i dont know how. If I could get a few excellent tutorials that would br great. I am not a computer wiz and am a total beginner at this.

Hello,

A few tips to get you going:

1) Use one of the reccommended programs which are: Paint.net (not standard paint), Photoshop CS4, Photofiltre Studio, GIMP.

2) Download the textures pack from the download center.

3) Make the map from scratch step-by-step. A bit of the map in your program. Then go in the editor and put objects etc on it. Then go further in your program and create another part. (Easiest way. You may not like it, but I find it useful)

4) Observing and Trying are the best ways to learn things. Observe working maps. And try to make your own.

Regards,

Maffegozer.

Hello,

A few tips to get you going:

1) Use one of the reccommended programs which are: Paint.net (not standard paint), Photoshop CS4, Photofiltre Studio, GIMP.

2) Download the textures pack from the download center.

3) Make the map from scratch step-by-step. A bit of the map in your program. Then go in the editor and put objects etc on it. Then go further in your program and create another part. (Easiest way. You may not like it, but I find it useful)

4) Observing and Trying are the best ways to learn things. Observe working maps. And try to make your own.

Regards,

Maffegozer.

Thank you much!!! I was having problems getting started and finding textures. This was of much help!