Firefighter5

shutting down one lane

Theres a way, its just very complicated. Only one mod has shown it was possible, and if memory serves me right, they pretty much quit there mod because Sixteen Tons would not release a patch to accommodate some of there code. I wouldnt be surprised if Tim from the NY Mod has made it possible though.

There is a way! Park a police car so it is fending off with it's nose pointing into the lane you want OPEN so its body is blocking the lane you want CLOSED. Put the directional lights on and, if the police car is at a steep enough angle, only the lane you want closed will be re-directed. Unless it is a bug and only works for me, that's how I close one lane.

The OC-D

^look in the tutorials section for modifying freeplay.

There is a way! Park a police car so it is fending off with it's nose pointing into the lane you want OPEN so its body is blocking the lane you want CLOSED. Put the directional lights on and, if the police car is at a steep enough angle, only the lane you want closed will be re-directed. Unless it is a bug and only works for me, that's how I close one lane.

The OC-D

Thats not quite what he was asking for. He wants traffic in the right lane, to move in to the left lane if theres an accident or something. Well going off what he said atleast.

The OC-D

This would work but only for the left lane of traffic. If you used this method to close the right lane the redirected cars would have to turn across a lane of traffic.

This would work but only for the left lane of traffic. If you used this method to close the right lane the redirected cars would have to turn across a lane of traffic.

That's the joy of it. Although they do have to cross a lane of traffic it still works. The traffic may get a little stuck but as soon as the car in the outside lane passes its all fine.

The OC-D

The OC-D

i think this is not want the topic starter wanted to hear. i think he wanted to know how to shut down one lane and the vehicles goes from the blocked lane to the other lane. not just redicting and get back to there home or search for a alternative route to there destination

like this:

us95-6.jpg

Guest bomb123

i think this is not want the topic starter wanted to hear. i think he wanted to know how to shut down one lane and the vehicles goes from the blocked lane to the other lane. not just redicting and get back to there home or search for a alternative route to there destination

like this:

that would be cool if someone created that trailer with that arrow

that would be cool if someone created that trailer with that arrow

Not only the trailer but, even the EM svc vehicle has an additional Icon to key for left lane and another for right lane as well as the one we already have for turning the vehicles completely turn them around. Or maybe 1 key, you hit the :popcorn: key once for turn back and hit twice it will turn left lane or 3 times for right lane.

I think the Utility support vehicle could use a directional device and also a Siren. Why does the support vehicle have no siren anyway?

Not only the trailer but, even the EM svc vehicle has an additional Icon to key for left lane and another for right lane as well as the one we already have for turning the vehicles completely turn them around. Or maybe 1 key, you hit the popcorn.gif key once for turn back and hit twice it will turn left lane or 3 times for right lane.

I think the Utility support vehicle could use a directional device and also a Siren. Why does the support vehicle have no siren anyway?

You mean the CALTRANS van? It doesn't have a siren because it's not an emergency vehicle.

LEts put it this way, does your city engineer or gas and electric company have a siren? The engineers role in game is a bit of both.

Guest PalaFDExplorer

last time i checked, the gas company wasn't going out and giving cpr to someone in cardiac arrest... or were they?