soulbody

Again possible (& failed) attack on the dutch royal family

Today 4 may 2010, a man dress like a jewish orthodox started to scream while the 2 minutes silence were busy to remind the veterans who died in world war 2.

While in remind of queens day 2009 people got scared and ran away. 30 people became injured.

It can be possible that i could be again a attack on the dutch royal family.

2 man are arrested which one of them the man dressed like a jewish orthodox. the other man throwed away a case while or after the man was screaming. the jewish guy was also talking strange language partly because of this people got even more scared.

what are you're opinions about this incident while the dutch people and dutch royal family where are reminding the veterans who died for our freedom in world war 2?

vid of what happend, skip to 1:25 to see from when the screaming started:

How dump we dutch people are.

Someone lets out a scream for what ever reason(fun, joke, pain, demonstration, horror, attack)

And the first thing that pops to mind in our proud "liberal" state is terror.

How F*ed up is that....

People need to get back on with there lives, shit like this will always happen.

and become more frequently to, as we piss of more and more country's with our idiots in the politics.

Just my 2 cents.

On the time event, who ever he was, or why he did it.

It really is a lousy time to do it, when we honor and remember the once who died to keep our lousy asses free.

glad to see the police for once actually did something, and "arrested" him right away.

Indeed, it a shame to do this. I just read the jewish... was known by the policy, for robbing and agression.

I dont think dutch people need to shame for running away. Who know what a fake jewish guy could have had under his clothes. You can expact everything today

read the news mate.......honstly

no possible attack.

The guy a 39 orthodox Jew.

He dropped his briefcase, and let out a scream cause the where lot of personal possessions in it.

They guy how ever is being held in custody cause he made a disturbed impression on the police chief.

They guy has been convicted a few times before. so police want him checked out by a shrink, to make sure it is safe to let him out again.

If the shrink finds nothing, then he could be out tonight, otherwise he will be out tomorrow around 11:00

Source(Dutch)

No offense meant of course.

yeah but still,..you are right.

we....well the idiots there who ran away scared because someone dropped a briefcase and some screamed and another yelled bomb bomb, get away.

let them stick the heads in the ground, and take a deep breath there morons,...honestly do we really need to be that scared?

We are one of the most liberal social democratic country in the world.

Agreed for some countries like afganistan, irak, iran we belong to the "axis of evil"(to quote bush)

But really what is happening here....this isn't the dutch anymore....

This is chicken country, and to be fair, i'm quite ashamed of it to.

It was no attack and panicking can be often a natural reaction of people when something suddenly happens. The behaviour of people was not dumb and not idiot, it's human. At the moment a fence dropped people started to panic because NOBODY knew what was happening. It's true that the attack on the Royal family during Queensday in 2009 is still fresh in our minds and people get scared too easy, but you can't blame them for their behaviour. Try to learn something about social psychology and I'm sure it will make some more sense. When people suddenly start to panic in a couple of seconds, I'm sure you would've run to find cover too. People didn't know what was happening.

@ Tian:

Next time you're to call people idiots I am going to take actions against you. In my opinion you're showing pretty aggressive behaviour on this forum and I do not like that. It wasn't appropiate to call these people idiots while you weren't even there and you can't know how you would react.

@ Tian:

Next time you're to call people idiots I am going to take actions against you. In my opinion you're showing pretty aggressive behaviour on this forum and I do not like that. It wasn't appropiate to call these people idiots while you weren't even there and you can't know how you would react.

Dear hoppah, i would want to send you this by pm but as your pm is closed, so i will explain myself here.

First of all if i sound aggressive i apologize, that is not the way it is suppose to sound, and i will try to keep that a bit more under control next time.

I would like to explain to you why i called these people idiots, and you don't have to agree with me, it's just my point of view.

The dutch people are just to easily scared, and a lot of that comes from our great government.

With the adds about terror, ministers driving in armed cars, all because in recent years something once in a while took place.(you are dutch so i don't need to send you a overview off events).

all our government does, is talk about it, and does not take action, anything more then to take away more police of the street, and replace them with camera's.

But they keep talking about the dangers of extreme right, and terrorism. and how we are part of "the axis of evil" for some country's

Being a ex soldier myself, i know fear is a normal human reaction to something sudden.

And i have seen my share of the action,

All i can say about that is,...something happens once, and you deal with it, you work to improve(i would think) so you would not be so scared the next time.

being scared is what gets you killed, being focused(even scared)but focused will save your live, and of the people around you.

As an example, look at other populations where bombs actually go off, sure the people are scared, but they arm themselves(not with weapons)but knowledge,First aid, security, tactics and so on.

And all we do in the dutch is cry up to our government boehoe hoe,..something happened again, boehoe hoe.

those people are (and i am going to say it again) idiots.

learn from the past

to shape your future,

It is not normal that we, should live in fear of these events, that if someone lets out a scream, or is mumbling something in a tung we can't understand, that our first reaction would be:

Oh my god, a bomb run for your live!

Further more i just gave my 2 cents on the matter.

i accept and appreciate that you warned me in this way about my writing style.

And i would like to leave it at that.

If you want to talk furter about it, you can pm or mail me(you have both) :)

FYI All people panic when something like this happens. It's not just the Dutch.

The Dutch royal family don't have much luck by the sounds of things. I remember the incident with the car. What ever happened to that case? Did the guy get charged?

Trying to watch the video Soulbody provided, but it gets stuck at 1:23 lol

edit: Either Dutch people are really small or the cameraman is really tall :P

FYI All people panic when something like this happens. It's not just the Dutch.

Please don't itemize, take the package, i'm not saying it is a dutch thing, i'm saying that in the dutch it is worse then in country's that actually have terror attacks.

The Dutch royal family don't have much luck by the sounds of things. I remember the incident with the car. What ever happened to that case? Did the guy get charged?

Trying to watch the video Soulbody provided, but it gets stuck at 1:23 lol

he died, so case closed(EDIT: for most people), no motive or reason was found for the attack, no jail or what ever to the killer.

Edited by Tian318

With all due respect there are a few things I would like to point out.

Humans are in fact animals, it is in our nature to run from things we either can't cope with or are unable to comprehend at the time, it's a survival instinct that we were granted specifically to keep us alive. One population over the other has nothing in reality to do with their "skittishness" over an incident, there is a psychological term called "mob mentality". This term does not just apply to acts of violence but also response to primal sensations that while perhaps society would like you to believe are negated by the modernized world, they still live ever present in your senses... It's why people have natural fears of certain things like drowning, burning to death, and what have you. So in my eyes saying the Dutch are somehow more prone to fear is a totally irresponsible comment to make, especially considering all that these people did was follow their natural instincts.

Next note:

Practically every nation out there gives their ruling parties armored tanks that look somewhat like a normal car, this is done for the explicit reason of keeping them alive just in case the worst should come to pass, in some nations the "motorcade" includes actual litteral gunships (helicopters for people who are unfamiliar with the term), along with armed support vehicles on the ground. Be grateful the Netherlands is safe enough that you don't have that issue to the severity of necessitating that level of security.

Next note:

The purpose of surveilance gear is simply put to give the illusion that you're somehow more secure, in reality in most instances there are not enough monitors to actually watch the feeds, in some places not even enough servers to actually physically record the data streams... But none the less it makes people think twice about criminal acts knowing they might be on camera, as opposed to the off chance a police officer might be present. Cameras are rarely used for first response purposes, most often they are used to investigate crimes. It is simply more cost effective to blanket an area with 400 cameras than 200 Officers that you have to pay per hour along with any other benefits that might apply.

Next note:

Politics=Propaganda, no matter your views be it the far right, the left, or the center, it does not matter either way you're getting someone else's "spin" on the way something occured in order to push thier agenda... Such is life in all nations, the Dutch are not unique in this, if you want the facts on a story the depressing fact is you have to be there, not just watch the news or Youtube to learn about it... In either event you're getting a piece of the story and only the piece they want to tell.

Final note:

Sadly, you are mistaken when it comes to people in nations more "prone" to terrorism handling the situation better, when an incident occurs they panic just like everyone else does, the scene is just as much chaos as it would be if it happened in America or in Europe. The first responders are more accustomed to handling the incidents yes, but the average civilian that was unfortunate enough to be there for the incident does not respond in any spectacular way. There is a definitive difference between a "warzone" mentality civilians must adapt to and the seemingly "random" events that fall under the classification of terrorism, hence why these acts are so effective at provoking the fear we all carry inside.

I'm done with this topic now but I had to speak my peace on it, these are my views expressedly only.