Guest insect

Radio Messaging System

Guest insect

If anyone has played the winterberg mod with FMS (RMS), or have seen youtube videos of it, then you will know what I'm talking about.

There is a 'tool' for the winterberg mod that allows a dual monitor set-up to have the 911: First Responders (LA mod) play on one monitor, and something called a Radio Messaging System on the other.

The one thing I truly think is cool about this, is that the RMS lets you see which units are dispatched, what code the unit is on, and any other information you should know about. This would be EXTREMELY useful for the LA mod for those that have a dual monitor set-up, and I think the LA mod team could add many great tools and benefits to this.

Please respond, and add comments of what you think about the idea.

I think it would be awesome...

Guest chevyrulzs2010

This is a really cool system if you have dual monitors. Is there a way this could be scripted so that you have a hot key to switch to that screen? This would make MP really fun if you have some one that runs TEC and isnt busy, they could run a dispatch screen too.

I would really like to see this done, but even more i would REALLY REALLY like to see it possible with only one screen!

Guest chevyrulzs2010

Once again i would love to see this in the la mod.

The only problem i see, is winterberg uses many different vehicles, la mod uses fewer vehicles but repeats them, for example engine 1, at station 1 you have two of the engine 1 models. This would cause Hoppah to make different vehicles which increases the mod size and load time. Unless there is a way around this hoppah probably wouldnt do it.

Guest insect

I'd be happy even if there weren't as many vehicles.

Maybe it adds the vehicles to the list (RMS) as they enter the map...

I don't know how hard that would be to script out, as I have no experience in that.

From the looks of it, the Radio Messaging System looks like a second way to see what is dispatched and what emergencies are in the area.

It would be one of those things.. its just cool to have. :)

Guest chevyrulzs2010

I used Winterberg with FMS and it's cool but LA Fire/Police don't use Funkmelde system (statuses) so it would be pointless.

The may not use the same statuses, but they do have a status. Onscene is a status. If you have seen a dispatchers computer, they actually run names on colors, red means waiting for units to be dispatched, purple means dispatched, waiting for units to go enroute, yellow means enroute or call is being handled, green means units on scene or units returned to service. At least thats how our cad system works.

So really it would not be pointless, you would just have to edit it to the correct la standards

Guest MFD102Explorer

Hell, Id pay $5-20 bucks for someone to write a script for that for the LA mod LA style.... I will be happy to assist with beta testing and also get screenshots of LA style CAD's.

Guest insect
Hell, Id pay $5-20 bucks for someone to write a script for that for the LA mod LA style.... I will be happy to assist with beta testing and also get screenshots of LA style CAD's.

I too would pay to see this done, and to have it.

If any testing needs to be done, I'll chip in to help too.

Guest Panicxz

It would be really really useful but the way things are done in America is different...FMS/RMS statuses are not used. Winterberg, and I dare to say it, is the most realistic mod made for EM4. LA Mod's gameplay is not yet that realistic, the models and maps are great and that's why I think people like it so much.

Anyways, here's a pic of how it looks.

PS: It will obviously look better with dual monitors instead than a laptop/monitor.

Edited by Panicxz

Guest Panicxz

This is a really cool system if you have dual monitors. Is there a way this could be scripted so that you have a hot key to switch to that screen? This would make MP really fun if you have some one that runs TEC and isnt busy, they could run a dispatch screen too.

I would really like to see this done, but even more i would REALLY REALLY like to see it possible with only one screen!

One screen? How do you picture it? Inside the game itself?

I think that would be really annoying but that's just me.

Guest insect

One screen? How do you picture it? Inside the game itself?

I think that would be really annoying but that's just me.

I agree, I couldn't see it with one monitor...

Winterberg, and La mod, have their advantages, and disadvantages.

If Winterberg Mod were in English, I might enjoy it as much as I enjoy LA Mod... But I think LA Mod is pretty realistic, from what I see living in America. In America, dispatchers have to know which units are where, and what hey are doing (statuses). It may be set up differently from the dispatchers monitor in Germany, but in it is fairly close.

Do I think LA mod is the most realistic game...No

Do I think more could be done to make it better as a game, YES.

And, I truly think that if a program were made for LA Mod, like the FMS system for Winterberg Mod, it would make the game EXTREMELY enjoyable...

-- Work Sited : Dispatchers --

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nashville.gov/ecc/images/ops12-FD-dispatcher.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nashville.gov/ecc/operations.asp&usg=___C-bi2kqMTwpHOyUe9dyN9b2xHI=&h=336&w=500&sz=48&hl=en&start=2&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=7OGdxdtI0jl5VM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3DDispatcher%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1

If Winterberg Mod were in English, I might enjoy it as much as I enjoy LA Mod...

It is, you just have to follow the directions to put it in english. I forget exactly how its done, but search the site. The mod comes with an english translation.

Any news on this?

News on what? There was never any news to begin with. No one is working on this unless Hoppah or some one is doing it secretly which I doubt.

Guest insect

If I had the know-how, I would defiantly be working to make something that resembles this...but I don't...

Hey MFD102Explorer thanks for the heads up on winterberg being in English. It was a HUGE help.

I really dont think anyone is scripting a project like this... It was a great discussion though.