Guest Peter_swe

Manning the trucks UK

Guest Peter_swe

Hi Guys,

I am Swedish citizen that is working abroad and now wondering if somebody from UK can help me further in a question.

In Sweden when a pumper turning out the goal for crew is 1+4 this is a Swedish standard. You have 1 foreman, 1 driver/pump handler, 1 team leader for the smoke diver and 2 smoke divers. This is by law the standard lots of small retain stations is manning with smaller crews and hopping that people of duty will get to the station and manning blank positions, however with smaller crew then 1+4 you are not allowed to smoke dive.

The city station is later on adding crew members a goal is 1+5 and the last number 5 manning the ladder. (I can talk about this forever).

Somewhere I did read that a retain pumper is going out with a crew of 4 in UK.

Can please somebody from UK enlighten me. I will probably soon move and work in Edinburgh. And it should be fun to know.

Sorry I was not paying attention, and I typed Switzerland because I was eating swiss chocolate from the box and there was a SW at the beginning of his country... Lemme fix that now.

LOL, swiss chocolat mmmmmmh ( sorry extremely off-topic but mmmmh swiss chocolate :wub: )