Guest Lesilhouette538

Ingame questions LA Mod V2

Guest Lesilhouette538

Hi there,

First of all, the LA mod is great!

Now I've been playing with the V2 mod for a bit and I've discovered some frustrations...

Could you answer / help me with the following isssues? Note; this is all within the free play.

Resolution: the 'natural' resolution for my pc is 1680x1050 px, but in the game the highest resolution is 1280x1024.. Can I change this in any manner to 1680x150?

Traffic Jams: Sometimes because some vehicles don't move correctly / fast enough / wait for each other traffic jams occur. When I call a police force to resolve it by redirecting some vehicles it doesn't work. Can I fix this? When I call the 'wreck clean car'(don't know it's exact name anymore) it can't hoist the cars to remove them...

Police: Almost the same as last question; how come some vehicles don't seem to respond to the 'redirectin sign'? It almost looks like there isn't any person in the car...

My OS is XP Pro.

Hope you can help me! Tnx in advance.

:welcome: to the forums.

You can change the resolution of the game in the EM4.cfg file. The values you need to edit are

<var name="r_xres" value="1024" />
<var name="r_yres" value="768" />

Change them to your resolution

Do you have the patch for the mod? That fixes a lot of the traffic problems.

And cars can only be redirected once, the cars that you have redirected before can't be redirected again.

the problem with stationary traffic can be solved with

1 police officer with a gun

1 firefighter with a fire extinguisher

1 flatbed

use the police officer to shoot the vehicle till it is on fire, use the firefighter to extinguish the fire and use the flatbed to move the vehicle. That normally helps and will let the rest of the queue drive on :)

Guest Lesilhouette538

Wow, tnx for all the quick replies! I've installed the patch, changed the config file, so I'm gonna test.

I'll see how it goes with the traffic problems.. Good thing to know that vehicles can only be redirected once... That's prob. one of the issues causing the traffic Jams.

I'll let you know if it all helped!

Edit: It all works like a charm now. tnx!:gut:

Guest emergency captain

Also, f you have an officer re-directing traffic, it's good if is he/she isn't to close to the front of the vehicle. If that's the case, the vehicle will not be able to turn around.