jsutton

LA Mod Map

Does anyone have a picture of the LA Mod 2.0 map that I could use to better place my units in a emergency? I want to print map off and then mark direction of travel and stoplights etc. so in case I need to redirect traffic etc. I don't have a huge mess on my hands.

Thanks

Guest pmadden94

Does anyone have a picture of the LA Mod 2.0 map that I could use to better place my units in a emergency? I want to print map off and then mark direction of travel and stoplights etc. so in case I need to redirect traffic etc. I don't have a huge mess on my hands.

Thanks

that's not a bad idea..

Do you want the map texture? Hoppah won't release that..

Or do you want a screenshot? I'm not sure you can zoom out enough...but there is probably a way. I just don't know how

EDIT

Editor? Maybe? Somehow?

that's not a bad idea..

Do you want the map texture? Hoppah won't release that..

Or do you want a screenshot? I'm not sure you can zoom out enough...but there is probably a way. I just don't know how

EDIT

Editor? Maybe? Somehow?

Thanks for your input. I'm hoping within the next few days Hoppah might reply telling me the real answer to the question because it is for my own personal use. I haven't tried the editor but I have'nt messed with maps in editor, just unlocking the vehicles. I'll have to look into that.

Guest Francis

Hoppah will definitely not provide the ground texture of his new map because of one simple reason. He made it from scratch and has worked consecutive weeks on it.

Sorry.

However, you may use the same technique used for creating the radar map:

22. Creating the radar map

The following is required:

- Screenshot from the Editor

- Image processing program

The screenshots are prepared as follows:

1. Start Editor
  2. Load Map
  3. Hide/Show (left bottom):
    • Set everything as “Hide” (except F1, F4 and Ceilings)
    • Switch off the lights (bottom centre) using “Lights Off”

[*]“Shift” + “Enter” (to set the time as 12 hrs)[*]Edit -> “Map Properties” -> Light Texture: Set “Timegradient.tga”, set the “Object Shadow Intensity” as 20 and the “Terrain Shadow Intensity” as 40. Click on OK.[*]Open the console (F10 function key), enter “set r_clipfar 99999” and confirm with the Enter key. Close the console again using F10.[*]Press “Pause” to reach the Freeflycam-mode and to bring the camera into correct position (far beyond the Map)[*]Prepare the screenshot (using the Print key or Fraps)[*]Insert the screenshot in the image processing program[*]In the Editor, exit the Freefly-mode again using “Pause”[*]Open the console (F10 function key), enter “set r_clipfar 32000” and confirm with the Enter key. Close the console again using F10.

In the image processing program:

The screenshot must first be adjusted perspectively from the top exactly as per the boundaries of the floor texture. This is normally done using a “Free transformation” function. The brightness/contrast of the screenshot must also be increased to +20/+20 (these values must be adjusted slightly if necessary). The “Saturation” must then be set as –60.

Im all for realism, but this just sounds like to much work. I thought 2.1 fixed the traffic problems even further?

I'm not going for realism. I just want it to be a little more easier for me to determine where traffic is coming and then redirect traffic in the right place where it won't cause a big cluster. If there is a big fire that breaks out and I don't want to watch my police cars as well as civilian cars go up in flames, I would like to set my units up and then avoid calling in several tow trucks. Like I said, its for my own use, I just wanted to know if someone might have gotten a map or if one was released. Btw, by map, I'm meaning like a GTA San Andreas map that is released with games, is that map considered a "map texture"?

Btw, Thanks Francis, I will search for that map Hoppah had of the location of the stations or I will just do what you said in your first post.

Search for it, it is still on the forums.

Just out of curiosity, are you sure it's still on the forums? I have been searching for it in the search box and looking through the LA Mod 2.0 news and have not seen it. I remember seeing it when the mod was in progress but not anymore.

Thanks.

Guest Francis

Just out of curiosity, are you sure it's still on the forums? I have been searching for it in the search box and looking through the LA Mod 2.0 news and have not seen it. I remember seeing it when the mod was in progress but not anymore.

Thanks.

The new map is in 1.8 or 1.9 if I remember correctly. :)