jab16

Changing a vehicle

I am betting that is not your problem but on the previous page I covered that issue:

Post on changing texture file

I still stand behind one of your xml files has a mis-spelled entry related to the prototype OR it is not classified as a police vehicle in the editor for the vehicle type.

Guest alex97

Hey guys,

Is there a tutorial about this? If not, could someone make one, or maybe explain it to me in dutch/easier english words to me through a pb? Hope someone would like to do that for, not just me I think, but for other people aswell! Tried to ask Hoppah, but no answer from him, which I understand!

Greetings,

Alex

Guest alex97

About the original subject, putting other vehicles in the LA mod. I've been trying alot of things and I've also put alot of time into it, like renaming the vehicle I want to battalion_chief_vehicle (models,prototypes,units,etc.) But I can't get it fixed..

You don't want to rename the files if you want to take an original vehicle and add another one of it for whatever reason you should copy the prototype files and the model files. There is a tutorial on adding vehicles to EM4, it covers most of what you would be required to do to do this in the tutorial section... I am fairly sure I linked to it in this topic.