Guest Brat

1.8 will not go away and 2.0 will not show up

Hello all,

I will aplogise now if there is a topic like this already (Could not find one)

As per normal i got rid of the last LA Mod i had installed (1.8)

I installed LA Mod 2.0 and it was all normal when installing, said it was completed.

I clicked on the newly made short cut for la mod 2.0.

It boots up but only as the vanilla game, eh no skin off my teeth, when into the mod section to activate LA Mod 2.0

This is were it gets weird, It only shows EM4 and La Mod 1.8 (LA Mod 1.8 I got rid from the mod files)

Which if i try to activate 1.8 it does not activate and stays vanilla (as there is no 1.8 in the mod file)

So went back and checked the EM4 mods file and only LA Mod 2.0 is in there. (checked with ModInstaller as well)

I rinsed and tried again with LA Mod 2.0 (Same result produced)

I uninstalled EM4 and re-installed it, when it booted up (before any mods where installed) I checked modsection on the main menu and LA Mod 1.8 is there? I checked the file, it is empty.

Please can some help or link me to a thread (that i missed) if it exists.

Thank you in advance

Hello all,

I will aplogise now if there is a topic like this already (Could not find one)

As per normal i got rid of the last LA Mod i had installed (1.8)

I installed LA Mod 2.0 and it was all normal when installing, said it was completed.

I clicked on the newly made short cut for la mod 2.0.

It boots up but only as the vanilla game, eh no skin off my teeth, when into the mod section to activate LA Mod 2.0

If you use the shortcut you do not have to load the LA MOD via the modifications menu. You can just click the shortcut and the game will start as normal, but when you see the main menu the LA MOD is already loaded. Just click missions and you'll see the LA MOD missions standing there.

About the 1.8 mod thing, you should not deinstall your mod using the modinstaller, you should have deleted all 1.8 files prior to installing the 2.0 version. But as long as you don't click it, theres no harm.

Thank you dearly PyroThijs

I did use the shortcut made by La Mod 2.0 when it installed, but it boots up vanilla EM4.

I do delete old LA Mods Manually usually before I install the new LA Mod. (In Modinstaller shows no Mods at all)

Then I installed LA Mod 2.0 ( I did not use modinstaller to install said Mod) and then I checked Modinstaller and 2.0 was listed. :cheers-mate:

Used Shortcut, boots up Vanilla game :machkaputt:

Note: I had not played Em4 or LA Mod since I have upgraded my computer from Vista to Windows 7 and LA Mod 1.8 was installed when i did said upgrade.

Thank you dearly PyroThijs

I did use the shortcut made by La Mod 2.0 when it installed, but it boots up vanilla EM4.

I do delete old LA Mods Manually usually before I install the new LA Mod. (In Modinstaller shows no Mods at all)

Then I installed LA Mod 2.0 ( I did not use modinstaller to install said Mod) and then I checked Modinstaller and 2.0 was listed. :cheers-mate:

Used Shortcut, boots up Vanilla game :machkaputt:

Note: I had not played Em4 or LA Mod since I have upgraded my computer from Vista to Windows 7 and LA Mod 1.8 was installed when i did said upgrade.

Are you sure it's just the normal EM4? Have you tried playing freeplay or a mission to see if you have the LA MOD units?

Well the 1.8 story is just plain weird then. It should have completely deleted it of your hard drive. Maybe you can try cleaning your hard drive and bin to see if it matters.

I did try Freeplay and got all the vanilla units and the missions starts with the tute.

I shalll go clean up now, might re-download the LA Mod 2.0 (worth a try)

Thanks PyroThisjs

re-install should have been enough, i mean the files contains no different from the package, it should be a install fault or something... hope you can fix it machkaputt.gif====>schreiben.gif

:1046276128_motz::machkaputt:

After a couple of days and everything I have tried has not worked.

Uninstalling Em4 and start fresh (1.8 still appears in Mods in the game main menu)

WHen it does appear in the mod section of the main menu it has a Green Spanner as the image and its author is unknown.

Even if I install 2.0 and it shows up in the Mods file on my hard drive it does not show in game.

I have upgraded my computer from Vista to Windows 7 and LA Mod 1.8 was installed when i did said upgrade, does Windows like keep a backfile for data when it upgrades? maybe its trying to load that? I do not know, anyone?