Guest mrsanta172

Freeplay question

Guest Gamesfunk
Hello, I like freeplay, but it takes like 20 minutes to finally have an incident occur, is there any way I can fix this problem, I get sick of waiting so long!

Thanks

20 minutes as in realtime 20 minutes or gametime 20 minutes?

Has this occured more then once while playing freeplay?

What type of freeplay have you played: challenge or endless?

G.

Guest mrsanta172

I notice it more with endless, its like 15 or 20 real time minutes. I know I have to change the parameters and I tried it, but when I save it, it just saves as a text document, how do I save it as a file that will make the changes without saving over the default parameters (i want to keep the original in case i ever want to go back)

Guest Angelstorm

O BOy! Im not having much luck loading/installing EM3 onto my pc, having problems with the "EM3.CFG" I only have note pad, so i go into it and change the "de" to "en" and close it and i get nothing to load says can`t find "em3.cfg". really just like the original post same problem

sny kind helpers out there ?

Guest Gamesfunk
O BOy! Im not having much luck loading/installing EM3 onto my pc, having problems with the "EM3.CFG" I only have note pad, so i go into it and change the "de" to "en" and close it and i get nothing to load says can`t find "em3.cfg". really just like the original post same problem

sny kind helpers out there ?

Have you saved it as 'em3.cfg' explicitely? So that is isn't em3.cfg.txt, but em3.cfg?

G.

Guest Angelstorm
i thought (but i don't know for sure) you have to choose save as and then type "em3.cfg" with the quotation marks and all :happy: that way it doesn't add .txt :laugh:

Thank you very much, I`ll give it a try later today :)

:cheers-mate::cheers-mate::schreiben:

Guest Gamesfunk

Go to DOS prompt (if XP => Run, type in cmd, and run), go to the folder (using the cd command) and typ in "dir /p", you can see the extensions of the files in that folder.

i thought (but i don't know for sure) you have to choose save as and then type "em3.cfg" with the quotation marks and all :happy: that way it doesn't add .txt :laugh:
You're right, Ron. Type in "em3.cfg" at the fill-in of your savename, and you must include the quotation marks.

G.

Guest Angelstorm
Go to DOS prompt (if XP => Run, type in cmd, and run), go to the folder (using the cd command) and typ in "dir /p", you can see the extensions of the files in that folder.

You're right, Ron. Type in "em3.cfg" at the fill-in of your savename, and you must include the quotation marks.

G.

Thank you guys its working Great! and WoW it looks brill with my new Graphics Card in and sound system my husband hates me *chuckle* lol

Guest Gamesfunk
I never had this problem... Within 2-3 (game) minutes 3-5 things happen.... at least 1 of them is a gas explosion. At least one other is a Crazed rampage. I did not modify the game in any way, but it seems that everything happens at once...... strange.....

~Crispy~

Check your difficulty settings, it might be set on 'medium' or 'hard'.

G.

Guest Gamesfunk
If it's set to easy, then it's no fun..... :laugh:

~Crispy~

True, but if you don't want that many accidents to occur, it could be the difficulty settings. Another question then, have you changed any script or file? If so, which file?

G.

Guest Gamesfunk
I've re-installed the game 8 other times to "fix" other problems..... one more time won't matter... :s:rolleyes:

~Crispy~

Then you need to adjust to the new difficulty! :P

Did you choose Challenge maybe, 'cause this is way harder than the neverending freeplay?

G.

Guest La Mod Fan
I've re-installed the game 8 other times to "fix" other problems..... one more time won't matter... :s:rolleyes:

~Crispy~

Buddy i think i know your problem is...try editing a spec file...example time will be showing 10 min..try editing to 20 min..and others as diff time..so even if its a difficult mode your playing it doesnt have to do with anything...

Go in Specs and example endless or Challenge ...edit the time only n save it n try it..hope it works :)