wasim12

Quick Question

Not necessarily, It depends on what speed your RAM and hard drive are. I'm assuming you're using SATA HDD's, but I don't know what the speed of the connection would be for you.

Also, something to consider, games today are not made to use the hardware to its utmost advantages. You may have the most ballin' system ever, but the game may only be able to access 10% of that power

Just wondering, why does it take about 1 min 30 sec+ for the mod to load after I click on it in the mods section. Shouldn't it go faster with my computer?

Thanks for your help! :)

(specs below)

Nope. First of all my Core i7 860 is faster then the 920. I have 4 GB RAM, 2x80GB Intel SSDs in RAID 0, 4890 1 GB GDDR5 and Win 7 x 64. My custom mod takes about a minute to load so no1:30s about right. You would have been better off with a Core i5 unless you do heavy cpu threaded apps/tasks like video encoding.

Faster hard drives will really do wonders to speed up load time. 10,000 RPM VelociRaptors or drives with 32 MB buffers are the best.

lol the vraptors arent much better then a WD 1 TB Caviar Black and my SSDs are about twice as fast as a VRaptor. Vraptors are old and outdated even if WD is working on a new version. SSDs are the new era.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3843/ssdread.jpg

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1979/wdread.jpg

WD 1 TB Caviar Black vs 2x80GB Intel G2 X25 SSDs.

Um I dont mean to sound harsh, but it wasnt completely a compliment. For gaming an i5/i7 rig is best because your PCI-E slots(if you have 2) to run in 16x/16x where as the i7 860, like mine can only run in 16x/8x which doesnt allow a second video card to utilize 16x speeds, only 8x speeds. But in general the i5 performs almost the same as the i7 920 for quite a bit less. Plus the HT in the i7 CPUs holds back gaming performance a little bit. The main advantage of the i7 920 over the i5 is the fact that due to having HT it multi tasks and will perform better for things like encoding.

This is why I have an 860. It out performs the 920 for general tasks such as video encoding which is very important to me. I need more over all CPU power then what the 920 can give me, and less of the gpu power(well in terms of crossfire or SLI) then what the 920 offers as I dont do hardcore gaming.

Its a descent rig though none the less, and assuming that HD you have is a WD 1 TB Caviar Black, you did some good choices. Just hope you didnt use an ASUS mobo.