bsbllthirteen

Your favorite apparatus

Ok post one pic at a time and state the number or name of the rig, the model and year of the rig and tell us something about it

here is mine

new55deliver01.jpg

Name: 33-55

Year: 2006

Type: Pierce Lance Heavy-Duty Rescue

This holds every possible thing you may need at a car accident and rresponds to almost all accidents withing 10 miles of the city since the equipment on the rescue is most advanced comparded to surrounding fire departments.

Guest mrpolice1996

dsc06892.jpg

dsc06893.jpg

This is mine used as a command center for my local fire service

I have seen it driving about a few times

Its description:

The Control Unit is mobilised to large incidents of a protracted nature. It controls all communications on the incident ground and provides a single point of contact for our Control Room. There is an area within the unit for the Incident Commander to brief fire and rescue officers and also to liaise with officers and representatives from other services.

P1040727.jpg

Name: 4570

Year: 2003

Type: Scania 114c Mucar (Heavy Rescue)

This is the only 1 in the district. Is has all equipment for an Car Accident, it even has Chemical Suits in it. There's a crane at the back for pulling cows out of the water (dutch :P), Pulling cars out of the water. In dutch it's called a HV-1 (Hulpverleningsvoertuig Groot)(in english: Heavy Rescue Truck)

Guest miked9372

Med_hdrescue.jpg

Heavy-Duty Rescue

A Heavy-Duty Rescue is a mobile equipment storage center designed to carry any and all types of tools: extrication equipment, ladders, backboards, breathing air bottles, medical equipment, and salvage and overhaul equipment. Configure yours as a straight equipment carrier (non-walk-in); equipment/manpower carrier (walk-in), a combination walk-in/non-walk-in, or even add a special application like a tractor trailer. Whatever you need, Pierce can provide.

eng2main.jpg

Name: 33-12

Year: 1993

Type: Sutphen Deluge

This engine is housed with rescue 33-55 and a spare engine(33-13) this rig holds 500 gallons of water and has a 1750 GPM single staged pump. This rig is "my main rig" as i also ride the rescue and reserve engine. Engine 33-12 is the buisiest rig within 15 miles of the city going on about 5-6 runs a day and about 1000+ runs a year.

If you want to take a virtual tour of the rig click here it is pretty cool to look at

Guest mrpolice1996

Ok my second one:

1_large.jpg

Volvo FM 9 Fire Engine, KN56 BFZ

Volvo FM9 / Angloco water tender. Rosenbaur high volume pumping appliance, carries 5500L of water. 4 X delivery outlets, 1 X high pressure first aid hose reel & 40 lengths of fire hose. This vehicle can wet down whilst on the move.

Here is another rig from my fire dept.

newtower03.jpg

However this is stationed at a different station from engine 33-12 33-13 and rescue 33-55 and engine 33-11(which i will post on here later) which is also house at a different station

name: 33-45

year: 2005

type: American Lafrance Eagle Tower Ladder

This ladder is house alone at Mase Hook and Ladder which also serves as headquarters for our department. It has a 100 foot ladder and an on board generator. This rig goes to almost every medical call(and fires oviously) when there is only one career officer at one of the engine stations.

This is the front view of the ladders station. The ladder exits from the rear of this building

hqfront.JPG

If someone brought a vehicle like these in a European city it would not be able to move around easily ;)

lol i bet and ok here is the last rig in the city engine 33-11 the newest engine in the department

eng1main.jpg

For a virtual tour of this rig click here

name: 33-11

year: 2004

type: American Lafrance Eagle

This is the newest engine that holds about 750 gallons of water and has an on board generator. This rig also has a 3M opticom system which turns lights green in the direction the apparatus is going. This rig is stationed alone on the East side of town.

Here is Beacon Engine or "station 1" as we call it.

becofront.jpg