Guest Austin82701

Mission 6: Forest Fire

Guest Austin82701

I know that it is best to evacuate everyone with the military vechicles, and to try to prevent the fires from spreading to the village and military base, but that is about it.

You do best to use the National Guard Truck to gather up the civilians, but in all honesty you can wait to do that untill later on if you wished... The most important thing to do is to setup a fireline around the town it's self and the military base (look closely at the military base and you will notice plenty of room to block off around it from fire). You will most likely fail in attempting to hold the fire locally and prevent it from spreading unfortunately, so really you do better to let it burn untill it stops spreading and then go around and put it out once you are certain the objectives are safe.

SPOLIER:

Then you will be told that rain will prevent further flare ups or something to the effect, however, you still have one more objective which is to find and stop the arsonist who started the original fires.... Once that is complete I believe the mission will be completed, so be sure to keep someone around that can go get the arsonist.

Try to find out how many Engines you need to hold back the Fire... Then have some Engines place on "back up". So if the fire moves you can rush to it.. Evacuate everyone can wait till fire is hold back. Then rest you can handle. Its easy after that.

Guest em4_police

i call like 5-6 engines.. xD

i have only tried once to do that mission.. i am doing it again some time and putting more work into it.

Do it properly.. not just chopping trees and stopping traffic

It seems the mission is challenging and that's how it should be. I wonder how many have got to the ending (read MikeyPI's spoiler). :)

What was quite annoying was that i sent my police officers to arrest the guys near the barn and in the cabin, and then extracted them out of there and took all of my police guys out of there, then i sent my firefighters in, and when i started working on the other side of the forest and then came back, all of my firefighters were dead because i didn't know about the guys at the house! :(

EDIT: Dammit! i was talking about the wrong mission..(mission 5) i finished this one already :/