Yankee43

Feasibility of Concept

So, shower thoughts: Being an NYC native. I’d like to really beef up the mod to a more realistic standard, even though the mod is already very realistic. I’ve already added some scripts (trying to) and some vehicles (also trying to) but i have big dreams and one of them involves the plethora of mobile command centers the NYPD has in its arsenal. 

So, mobile command centers can respond to larger emergencies, and help manage, have some special ability that I have yet to decide.

My main idea would be to, have mobile command centers post in a chosen location, and they could actually “reduce” the frequency of crime events in the area they are posted in. This is a use the NYPD has for their command centers, they post in an area to reduce crime and increase police presence. I know this would probably be a very advanced script. I have no capability at this point to make something of this magnitude, but it’s an idea I hope to act on one day. I know in City of Angels there are certain units required to be at a scene to complete the call. I just was thinking how “if: patrolboroughmobilecommand present in “south” reduce event frequency by 20%” or something.

For reference the NYPD has tons of command centers for:

Patrol Boroughs (Manhattan North, South, Brooklyn North, South. Like that)

Some precincts have command centers

^ These two would be the main ones used for scene management on large scale emergencies or posting in areas.

Life Safety Systems Division

Transit Bureau 

Counter Terrorism Bureau (This one is a brand new center, I’m dying to model it and it  could probably have the biggest capability for something cool in game) 

So, how feasible is this? Would this be possible in the limits of the game? Also, what do you think is a cool ability the mobile command centers should have for responding to emergencies. The NYPD dispatches then to large scale events, and major emergencies that require a higher level of management at the scene. I don’t want to have the previous “Call FBI agent for $700” or stuff like that. Any ideas.

Thank You for reading!

2 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Sadly, there is no way to influence the default Em4 freeplay events in any external way.

Darn, well. Could you think of any good ways to make mobile command center serve more of a purpose? They are really cool, everyone loves them In game. Usually the only time people call one out is just to have it around, make the scene look cool. I want to see a more significant propose to them. 

Also, the air pack script in city of angels is really cool. Will that script be able to be implemented into other mods? I also see this as an opportunity. You can have a set amount of air tanks on the truck, if firefighters use up all of those tanks. They would have to call a rehab/mask service/air unit to get more tanks.