hk_ip213

Cars from editor doesn't show up in freeplay

I was looking at the cars from the em4 editor from the mod Los Angeles Mod v2.0 4x4 W00ds Map v1 BETA 03 and i found some vehicles from that mod that didn't show up on the freeplay. How can I add those cars from the editor to the freeplay?

Sorry for topic bumping. I actually have the LA MOD 2.1 and I see some vehicles that don't show up in the freeplay. I go to units file and I dont see the large ambulance I want to put in. Can someone help please?

I would also like to put in other police cars like the sherrifs dodge charger

*blows dust off keyboard.  Shakes dust off shoulders.  Wipes dust off computer.*

Ahh... It's good to be back.

I believe your issue has something to do with the missions value in the unit.xml of the unit folder.  These values allow you to make a vehicle available or not in certain missions, including freeplay.  You should be able to edit the unit.xml file with MS Notepad.  I personally use Notepad2, as it is far more user-friendly for .xml files.  If you open the unit.xml file, you should see:

<missions value="1 2 3 4 13 15 9 8 5 17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 21 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35">

as the second line.  Make sure that's what it reads.

Looking down the unit.xml a little further, you should see the same (more or less) under the freeplay heading.  That should look like this:

<missions value="22">

I hope this helps.  It's been a while since I've been here, but, I'm back now.  Feel free to ask for more help.  If I can, I will.

Cheers!

Eli