Dyson

Map editing help

I've begun creating a map, the map was working fine and I regularly checked it in game to se lights etc were working. As it is still using the Firestation scripts from hoppah I decided to edit them to add in the Tower ladder to spawn instead of the aerial ladder. I edited the necessary files etc. However, after trying to re-load in game, the freeplay map just CTD everytime. So I removed the scripts reverting to the default LA mod scripts, however the CTD's persist. I was just wondering what else could cause this CTD, any help would be much appreciated. :P

Dyson

x

Probrably a missing VO or mis-placed making one of your start-up scripts impossible to execute correctly... it should just fail the script, not the whole game but you probrably have one in the wrong place or duplicate names for the VO causing a crash.

it shouldnt unless they are key vos then they could potentially do it in theory... This games tolerance for mistakes is rather low so that's my guess that there are 2 vos on the map somewhere that should only have one, otherwise his replacing the script with the orig should've resolved it.... he probrably modded the map as well and forgot he did somethin to it.

it shouldnt unless they are key vos then they could potentially do it in theory... This games tolerance for mistakes is rather low so that's my guess that there are 2 vos on the map somewhere that should only have one, otherwise his replacing the script with the orig should've resolved it.... he probrably modded the map as well and forgot he did somethin to it.

yeah think ive done something, just dont know what hah

Activate if you have it read-only the logfile... Usually it'll tell you what is causing the CTDs... I'd guess you have dupe key VOs or something that is causing a massive bleed, whichever way it is without knowing what you've changed it makes it supremely difficult to diagnose. IF it were just simply the script replacing the offending script would resolve it.. Such is why ya gotta go slowly adding new crap to this game, one mistake and it is extremely hard to undo it.

Activate if you have it read-only the logfile... Usually it'll tell you what is causing the CTDs... I'd guess you have dupe key VOs or something that is causing a massive bleed, whichever way it is without knowing what you've changed it makes it supremely difficult to diagnose. IF it were just simply the script replacing the offending script would resolve it.. Such is why ya gotta go slowly adding new crap to this game, one mistake and it is extremely hard to undo it.

Yeah man, well would the Log file go towards explaining this error? :)