firetruck449

creating polygons

i want to get on z modeler and download a high polygon to crate a new truck but their site is down. does anyone know any high polygon free creation software? has anyone ever use dVIZup Optimizer 1.22? i found it in google. thx!

Z modeler is a polygon creation program. The idea of downloading a high poly model is that you can practice with first before you start making models from scratch.

Guest vrchards

I want to do some 3D art using the 3D view screen in Zmodeler but need some help. Let’s say I have two trucks setting next to each other and I want each trucks reflection to appear on each other, how do I do that?

Also, let’s say I create a ground and I want the shadow of the trucks to appear on the ground, How do I make that look real?

Thanks

Guest dionissimus

I want to do some 3D art using the 3D view screen in Zmodeler but need some help. Let’s say I have two trucks setting next to each other and I want each trucks reflection to appear on each other, how do I do that?

Also, let’s say I create a ground and I want the shadow of the trucks to appear on the ground, How do I make that look real?

Thanks

First of all,

Tutorial

To answer your questions, you should switch from 3D view to Perspective. It's just the same... only it allows you to edit. Select, move along axes, all that. Took me a whole evening to figure this one out... :machkaputt:

Reflections and shadows is a completely different thing and has to do with this tutorial. But basically, you add an alpha layer to the texture, where you specify how reflective that part or another will be. AFAIK, shadows are calculated by the game engine and there is nothing you can do to affect it.

EDIT: If you are talking static objects though, (like a couple of mirror-polished tanker trucks parked somewhere on a lot), you'd be better off just drawing the reflection on them, I guess.