Guest blockhead428

Runtime error upon loading or saving

Guest blockhead428

I get this error whenever I create a save or try to load a save: "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way, please contact the application's support team for more information". I'm running the game on Vista and I've already tried Windows XP compatibility mode. I've searched everywhere but apparently I'm the only one with this problem. I'm attaching my log file as well. Please help!!!

logfile.txt

Are your sure that you have saved it right?

Are you using the same mod(or original)game that you used when you saved the game?

Cause from what i see on your log file. it has trouble finding a lot of files.

This in the end could lead to the runtime error you get.

Guest blockhead428

I just hit Esc, click saved games, and then save. I was playing the original game. I'm going to try installing it on my main hard drive that windows is on. I had problems from another game and that helped. Here's another problem I'm having. I just installed the L.A. mod. I open it using the supplied shortcut, but all that loads is the regular game. Is there another way to start it?

Perhaps you secondary drive is damaged then....

The la mod is loaded.

Just click freeplay you'll see.

If by some kinda error it doesn't.

Click on modification(in the main menu)

And load the la mod.

Then start Freeplay or campaign.

Guest blockhead428

Pretty sure its bad coding on part of the developers. I've heard of a lot of random crashes and I used to get those when I first tried playing the game about a year ago. Now everytime I try to save, the game just freezes. I left it frozen, went to smoke, came back about 8 minutes later, and it was still frozen. I CtrlAltDel'ed and of course task manager said the game had stopped responding. I guess if it won't save, it won't load properly. Is there anything in the log file about where I tried to save? I can't make heads or tails of that thing. And where does it save to? Is there a certain size the save needs to be? I ask this so I can check the file size and see if maybe its corrupted or something or if all the files are there.

well i'm happy to take a look at the file again.

but i doubt that it will tell you what went wrong when he is saving.

(as you do that from the main menu)

Save games,(i think) will be saved here: Emergency4/Data/Save/savegame00.e4s(exept with your file name).

my save game (start of mission 1 with the original game), is 3,05mb in size.

About your claim of the developers fault.

I really doubt that to.

They make an game, test it on several different pc units.

work out some issue's, develop patches for the once that slipped trough and so on.

on my pc(did it once on a lan party)we could play the standard game for over 72hours straight.

What makes me wonder why yours can't do that.

You mention the lagging game play...there could be a clue in that.

but i'm not sure.

So i'll look at your log file again, see what i can dig up.

And if you want to upload your DXDIAG perhaps we can find out what is causing the lagging and crashing.

Guest blockhead428

Here's my dxdiag. My specs are well above par. Every game I've played, I've been able to run at max resolution with no problems. This game won't even match my monitors resolution of 1680x1050. I've never had a problem like this with any other game which leads me to believe its shitty coding. A lot of games have been beta tested on several pc units, yet patches are still released when problems occur. I'm looking at my extensive collection of pc games and I can't name one that didn't have any patches. I was one of the lucky few who could run GTA IV when it first came out with no problems at all. I appreciate you looking at this for me. I'm about ready to give up. There's better games out there.

DxDiag.txt