racer123246

Some Questions

I have some questions about the editor, because recently I've been fooling around with it and have no clue on how to do anything. Please read all of this post, in case there is a question you need answered, or something else...

Active Problems:

1. Where can I find texture files?

> Do I have to use texture files for roads?

2. What do you mean by C++ or Notepad++?

3. Can anyone explain what a "child" is?

4. How do I add a new station?

> How to I spawn vehicles + make them return to the station?(Discussed At Bottom)

Answered Problems:

1. What programs do I need to use to make models?

2. How Do I Make A Script?

3. How do I add traffic lights to an intersection?

4. How do I raise and lower objects?

Color (colour) code:

• Important, This Comes First!

• This can be worried about later...

• Solved, do not answer

Note:

(When I'm done with my questions (all questions are answered), please delete this topic. I will request it, but until then, please keep this post open. Thanks.)

The Answered Questions, do not answer them because they are below.

Thanks for help in advance,

Racer

ZM2 is better and how is it easier? lol

SketchUp sucks. Can't create very good models (for EM4) and then it is a PAIN in the ass to convert and even then you get very bad models when imported in ZM2 and the skins don't work. Although SketchUp is easier, this goes for EVERYONE; do not learn it first; learn ZM2 first. Then it'll seem even easier lol.

BTW @pyrothijs: tell your airport to get a longer runway lol. Tried landing a Bombardier CRJ700 and failed... miserably (flew off the end of the runway and nearly took the roof off of some dude's house but managed to recover but stalled so had to put down about 10 km south of the airfield).

Before I download, what are system requirements?

Also, another question: I want to add streetlights to the "Walmart" intersection. By the outdoor sign to the plaza. I don't know how. So if anyone can teach me, please do.

Please delete my double post \/ down there \/

Never mind, I figured out how to do it, it works pretty well. I'll post another question in the first post above for us to work on :D

1. How do I make a script?

Scripts are usual text files. Use Notepad, Windows Editor, or any other text-editing software. I prefer "Notepad++".

2. How do I raise and lower objects?

Press and hold the "alt" key, and then drag the object, with the left mouse button.

Scripts are usual text files. Use Notepad, Windows Editor, or any other text-editing software. I prefer "Notepad++".

Press and hold the "alt" key, and then drag the object, with the left mouse button.

Thanks Tim, i'm not too technically advanced to deal with scripts, but thanks anyhow.

Info for #4:

I am wanting to make a TEC station south of the center intersection in LA MOD 2.0. Inside I want a crane and an engineer's vehicle. Outside will be a bulldozer. I am using the Training Mission Building 2 (Under Open Houses) to build this.

Some issues may appear:

Vehicles cannot get through the door

*Note that the 'issues' are not happening now, but POSSIBLY later*

I need to know what to name the virtual objects so everything works. Like I said, I want the vehicles to be able to arrive to the scene and go back to the station. Any help is needed.