trocks6

Emergency 4 Wont Start

Hi, I am trocks6 here with a problem. I am running on windows vista and here it was working fine yesterday but today when i run it the screen turns black then it just closes. No warnings or anything. Actually the same problem as VakTare. I have tryed the configuration file, - Dont work. I have UAC on, No firewalls are on, Re installed the game - dont work. Restarted my computer also. The same error :

?VulpineWrapper::ChangeScreenMode(): VERR_NOSCREENMODE - Screen mode could not be set
!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!

Please Help me anyone?

:12: Good job! Wasnt a waste of time...

**Perhaps you type in the fix to this problem you had so that people searching the board will find this topic and fix it themselves without having to create a new topic**

-Chris

:12: Good job! Wasnt a waste of time...

**Perhaps you type in the fix to this problem you had so that people searching the board will find this topic and fix it themselves without having to create a new topic**

-Chris

How i fixed it was.. I went to adjust my screen resolution settings. Now, On the first monitor setting i was changing the screen resolution lower and lower and each time i saw if the game worked , well after changing it twice i found my fix!

How i fixed it was.. I went to adjust my screen resolution settings. Now, On the first monitor setting i was changing the screen resolution lower and lower and each time i saw if the game worked , well after changing it twice i found my fix!

Or you could have just downloaded the default config file from the database and use it to replace your current config file. ;)

I actually did do that, And it did not change anything. :machkaputt: But at least its fixed now :cheers-mate: Happy New Years!

In that case could you tell me the screen settings you are running on now? Maybe it is helpfull for people in the future.

the problem has already been resolved, I do not have to run it as administrator as i am on a administrator account for my computer. If you are not on an administrator account then you may need administrative priveleges to run your game. Like (Run as administrator). Anyways Happy new year, as i have said this many times before :) I am currently waiting for the ny mod to come out , as i have been for several months. I have a feeling it will be released soon, but i am not sure at all. Im glad he released some more photo's that way i know that the mod is currently getting worked on. 4 people working on the mod it sure is going fast :P Anyways I have my game working now as i said above. If you have any other problems please make a new topic.

EDIT: :welcome: to the forum Terminator5665 enjoy your stay!