njboy13

Flight Simulator Clan Idea

What flight simulator do you use?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What flight sim?

• Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9)
    • Flight Simulator 10 (FSX)

This is just an idea, in fact I have barely made any plans about it, but First, I want you to answer a few questions.

-Does anybody here play Microsoft Flight Simulator? It can be FSX or FS2004 (FS9)

-Does anybody have an internet connection and be able to fly online?

Now the final question.....

Would any Flight Simulator users be interested in a Rescue type group?

-My idea is to have a Rescue group. We will do rescue operations including police chases on highways, wildfire extinguishing, Helicopter Medevac and more.

-I've decided if I go through with this idea, it will be on the VATSIM Network, you can make a free account and fly online with Air Traffic Control.

-I have spent hours looking over policies, rules, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) and they will allow Rescue operations like the one I listed.

What do you think? Would you be interested? Would you join?

What is this imagination you speak of? :P

Y-you...You mean you haven't heard of imagination? :nein: Man, you need to do a wiki search on imagination!

Ill do it, Med evac if its ok :)

Id love to get this going, Im ready to play right now :)

I'll do the highway patrol helicopter things...BTW, there are some cars you can get online, such as police cars and stuff. So we could actually have real chases.

I am now part of VATSIM- need to choose a division, i assume i wait for you to create one then???

I don't need to create one, the divisions are just what part of the world you are in. Example:

If you're in the New York area, you join ZNY

If you are in the Los Angeles Area, you choose ZLA

So just click on what country you're in, then on the list of airports or ARTCCs, just choose whichever city/major airport is closest to you.

It is against the VATSIM rules to simulate hi-jacking and any other terrorism. We will just do everyday emergencies. like Medevac, fire patrol in high-fire risk areas, after there is a real-world hurricane In or near North America, we may do virtual support missions, bringing virtual supplies down there. This is what I have for the fleet so far:

-Bell 206 Jet ranger (included in FSX/FS9)- Police, EMS

-Cessna 172 (Included in FSX/FS9)- Fire

-Learjet 45 (Included in FSX/FS9)- EMS

-Lockheed C-130 (Download) Fire, Support

More info will be added soon.

Here are some I use:

Bell 205A-1 Los Angelos Helicopter( free Download ) has a water bucket and normal verson

Bell Textron 430 Multi Skin, includes police, medevac, ect skins as well (free download)

Okay, I'm having trouble thinking of a name for this, so you guys throw in suggestions, and to be fair I'll make a poll.

You can put in your suggestions until December 20, 2009.

Here are some tips when thinking of it:

-Emergency Operations

-Mainly in North America (United States, Canada, some of Mexico) (Once we get more members, maybe we will expand to Europe)