Guest lightningguru26

Parking question

Guest lightningguru26

Hello all, i have done a search and can not find what i am looking for.... what i was wondering is .......is there a way to command vehicles to park in parking spots? a example would be if i buy a additional unit, and i want to park it at FS1 , can i command it to park in a open spot that way it isnt in the way at the station?. I see screen shots of people that are doing this, but i dont know if it is a homemade script or am i just unaware of how to do it in the game. lol. Thanks is advance!!

Jeremy

Hello all, i have done a search and can not find what i am looking for.... what i was wondering is .......is there a way to command vehicles to park in parking spots? a example would be if i buy a additional unit, and i want to park it at FS1 , can i command it to park in a open spot that way it isnt in the way at the station?. I see screen shots of people that are doing this, but i dont know if it is a homemade script or am i just unaware of how to do it in the game. lol. Thanks is advance!!

Jeremy

:welcome: Jeremy!

And, in answer to your question, you have to modify scritps. It is possible, but, make sure you know what you're doing first. I'm ready to heave my computer out the window, because I modified some scripts, and they aren't working. That means my game won't work. It's very annoying, but possible :)

Eli

Guest lightningguru26
:welcome: Jeremy!

And, in answer to your question, you have to modify scritps. It is possible, but, make sure you know what you're doing first. I'm ready to heave my computer out the window, because I modified some scripts, and they aren't working. That means my game won't work. It's very annoying, but possible :)

Eli

thanks for the fast reply and welcome! i have learned a ton about the game from this site! you guys are great! ya im not comfortable with modding any scripts just yet so i guess i will just make do with what i have. thanks alot!

thanks for the fast reply and welcome! i have learned a ton about the game from this site! you guys are great! ya im not comfortable with modding any scripts just yet so i guess i will just make do with what i have. thanks alot!

anytime ;) and, if I figure out my scripts, I can take a crack at yours :)

Guest lightningguru26
i can look at your scripts (both of you) and help you out, but i cant do anything to the map because my computer is revolting and i cant play games. i could tell you what vo's you need to add though. i would be happy to help.

ummm lol i have no idea where my script is even at lol.... i just installed the LA Mod and have been playing the game, lol. would it be in the program file somewhere?

Guest lightningguru26
its in the mod/la/script/game/command folder, lol. if you want me to help you just pm me what you are looking to do and ill see what i can come up with. or you could put it here, i dont care.

i just want to be able to buy extra units and be able to park them in the empty parking spots at FS1.

i just want to be able to buy extra units and be able to park them in the empty parking spots at FS1.

Do you mean you want to pick a rig, and a parking spot, and have them park there? Cause the only options you have are to assign each specific unit a specific parking space...

Guest lightningguru26
Do you mean you want to pick a rig, and a parking spot, and have them park there? Cause the only options you have are to assign each specific unit a specific parking space...

well what i was thinking is, if i were to buy the large ambulance, instead of having it patrol or just be in the way, i could have it park in a empty parking space at FS1 or FS2. The same would go for any other unit i bought.

well what i was thinking is, if i were to buy the large ambulance, instead of having it patrol or just be in the way, i could have it park in a empty parking space at FS1 or FS2. The same would go for any other unit i bought.

Yeah, see, what you wants is to pretty much pick a unit, pick a parking spot, and they go there. You can only assign one unit to each parking spot. I'm sure making it so that the units search for an open parking spot and park there, but I don't doubt the scripting would be a nightmare. It may be possible, but not without a LOT of difficulty :(

Guest lightningguru26
Yeah, see, what you wants is to pretty much pick a unit, pick a parking spot, and they go there. You can only assign one unit to each parking spot. I'm sure making it so that the units search for an open parking spot and park there, but I don't doubt the scripting would be a nightmare. It may be possible, but not without a LOT of difficulty :(

ya i forgot how much work goes into such a simple task..... :sorrysign:

ya i forgot how much work goes into such a simple task..... :sorrysign:

No worries man.. it happens :) And, I suppose it wouldn't be too too hard to have 3 parking spaces for 3 or 4 units to choose from; look at the ALS ambulance script for returning to base. That could probably be modified to suit your needs :D

Guest lightningguru26
No worries man.. it happens :) And, I suppose it wouldn't be too too hard to have 3 parking spaces for 3 or 4 units to choose from; look at the ALS ambulance script for returning to base. That could probably be modified to suit your needs :D

lol i would but i dont know anything about script modifying

Guest lightningguru26
HAHA.. yeah, I thought I did, but, I guess I was wrong :P

so just to clarify... so this thread doesn't steer away from its topic, the only way to get diff vehicles to park in empty parking spots is to modify some scripts?

so just to clarify... so this thread doesn't steer away from its topic, the only way to get diff vehicles to park in empty parking spots is to modify some scripts?

Yeah.. The LAToFireStation.script. It's pretty intense, I'd suggest gettin to know a bit about scripting first, and make sure you back-up your files. I made the mistake of not backing them up :'(