Guest terminxor

How do I use a .jpeg texture as an ingame map?

Guest terminxor

Ok so i am wanting to learn to make a map, so i downloaded a texture from downloads and it is in .jpeg... then I open up the editor and load la mod. How do I use the texture as a map? Like when I open up a already made map and their are ground textures.

Umm, no. The first tut dosent say how to get them into the editor just how to take a screen, the second if you read it is on editing freeplay values, not textureing...

I believe you have to convert the map to a .tga file in order to use it as an ingame map.

Changed the title and removed the double post in this topic. We do not allow double posting on this forum.

Guest terminxor
I believe you have to convert the map to a .tga file in order to use it as an ingame map.

Changed the title and removed the double post in this topic. We do not allow double posting on this forum.

So I have a xp/vista dual-boot, both are 64bit, I tryed it on both.

Vista) I ended up opening the file in photoshop and saving at a .tga but when I go into the editor and to to the terrain thing I cant see it anywhere, so I went to my c:/ .... /maps and found it and I still couldnt see it. I click the compaitability thing on the folder and I could see it! It resets back everytime I leave the Folder. Any Help?

XP) Ok so I put the tga file from my vista into my /maps folder and opened the editor. I found the file and did an import but it says unable to load texture...

Guest terminxor
and it is 8192x8192?

or 512x512 or 1024x1024?

and it is 24 bits?

and you press in your mod F2 and than import texture?

than i don't know

this is what you need to make a map

Its 8192 x 8192 and RGB 8 bit/channel. It is the deluxe mission 04 freeplay from the dl page!