Guest ExplorerMike

Police Car Update?

Guest ExplorerMike

Yea I was wondering if someone could show me or tell me how to put flood lights on police cars, for my city the police cars have small flood lights on the top and the right and left sides. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to insert flood lights on the police units! THANKS!!

Well I think pretty much all cop cars with a lightbar have takedown and alley lights. Problem is in the LA Mod, is if you put directional lights and any kind of spotlight, they will function at the same time from a light stand point. So if you hit the directional lights, the spot lights will come on to and redirect traffic. Now if you hit the floodlights button both lights will come on but it wont redirect traffic if i recall right.

If you want to do this still, you need to open the editor and load the mod. Hit F1 to bring up the prototypes and then click on any cop car in the list. Then click edit, new windows comes up, click edit lights. Now add the light and choose special light from the light type box. And choose radiation and choose the area you want to light up.

Well actually in thery no, If the vehicle already has a directional light then the spotlight will not "have" to be a special light. You could make it a blue light too, but Xplorer is right you are not able to have a flood light and directional light under special lights together. Now you could make a flood light a blue light and set it to go on at night, but that means that every time the main lights are on the flood light will be on.