Guest Leonardo

Traffic Jam

Guest Leonardo

Hello guys, my name is Leonardo I am Brazilian and I am posting the site for the 1st time. I'm really enjoying the mod and would like to ask some tips about the constant traffic jams that reaches a point where I have to start the game again. I need serius help about the traffic.

:welcome: to the forums, and one thing I would defiantly suggest is do not redirect traffic if you can help it, instead try having an officer stop traffic and hop to god that it doesn't block an intersection. Also if you have an accident in one lane on a big road only stop that lane and keep the others free to open traffic and keep the rest of your emergency vehicles above the accident in the same lane to keep traffic flowing, also do not ever redirect a bus if you see one it tends to head strait for the bridge and gets stuck on the end.

Guest Harpoon731
I still get massive traffic jams with patch 2, and the fact that you cant redirect kind of makes the game.. un enjoyable.

Go into the editor and edit the spawnpoints and increase the number... so if it says 11, make 21 or 22 and that will reduce your traffic and reduce the chances of traffic jams. I still get them occasionally, but the usually work themselves out. But then I don't redirect either, just park my cruisers to block the lane or officers to block multiple lanes unltil finished with the event. But thats what I do. to each thier own. :)

Guest Leonardo

well, the experience prove a right solution for this case... Now im using the police departament for eliminate any traffic jams on city. Becouse having or not accidents, the traffic have chances to jam. 24/7 eyes open. lol