Guest matt31896

LA County Coronors Office

Guest matt31896

Things I would like to know:

1) How can I make a VmcdGoToCoronors script

2) How can I make what the Coronors parking is (like where the PS or FS parking is)

3) How can I make the building complex

THX for any help.

I think it'd be a great idea if you park a coroners van at the hospital on start up, and when you drop off dead bodies, make a different part of the hospital for it to go to.

Anyone else like this?

Guest madforce

2) How can I make what the Coronors parking is (like where the PS or FS parking is)

THX for any help.

Use the scripts you have as a guide, the Topolice/tohosipital scripts that are provided in LAMod. Get some ideas for those how you could adapt. To drop off victims and then parking.

Really, to learn, you'll need to dig into the editor and start fiddling. Start understanding how to do the basic things before trying to jump onto something more advanced. How to place a building, scenery, paths, spawn points, traffic lights. Once you understand editing the map, and understand what and where the VO's are, then you can dig into possibly adding things to existing scripts, additional parking, unit callouts, swapping the default units at a station. That'll give you better understanding than starting with a fresh object IMO. Then, you can copy and adapt what you've learned to 1. Get the coroner's van to 'park, 2. Drop off and return once parked. Anyhow, That's kinda the route I learned, and I've had this game as long as I've been a member of this forum therabouts and the first day I was in the editor and learning how tweak the map, adding scenery, lights, changing several different things, Alot of trial and error because there aren't a ton of tutorials out there.

Honestly, It's a nice suggestion, maybe something someone may want to adapt into their project, but other than pointing you into the editor and using existing scripts as a guide we really can't tell you how without outright creating for you. There's alot of reading, lot of studying, lot of trial and error that goes into learning something from scratch. So all I can say if your wanting to learn how to do those things, to start digging into the editor learning how things work and applying what you've seen in game and how it's represented in the editor, and how it's referenced in the script. The key for me is learning and understanding what the existing objects are there for, are doing and understanding what the scripts telling the vehicle to do and when and to which VO.

I'm not much on the scripting, I know little C++, but I know enough others that I can understand what it's doing, even if I don't quite have the ability to write it from scratch. Then it's just adapting what I know the other scripts are doing and putting the puzzle together. The best tool we have are the examples provided we can see in use and give credit to those who created those. While they have allowed us to further enjoy the game, they are also helping us learn. I get as much enjoyment if not more from editing and putting something together and seeing it work than I do from playing the game itself.

Guest matt31896

Thanks madforce, I think the actual parking spot is a virtual object or something, I half-made a zombie mission last night and fooled around with that stuff, also I looked at the origonal freeplay map, around the base, to figure out that the doors and the slope to go underground are virtual objects.

Should I make a North Mission Road billboard? :rolleyes:

I'll take a look at stuff.

Guest matt31896

Months later.....

The coronor's office thing has been dropped, I like Taylor's idea better.

So in the meantime I'm doing an LA County Jail in the freeplay area, which will be another drop-off point and where LASD units enter the map.

THX for any help.

In Baltimore the Coronors office is just a few blocks from Hospital and it had an underground garage entrance for the coronor pick up and drop off. So what I suggest is an under ground garage entrance and you can have them go in or out. You could us a fire station and than reskin it. I will do one and show my way with out reskining. give me some time. :popcorn:

Forgot under ground entrance. Give me more time. :schreiben:

Better yet just do this....

Have Coronor's units spawn coming out and return as they were ambulance's.

When you click HQ's they just return here @ the Hospital garage entrance.

Guest Francis

It depends whether you set it to be the deluxe map when you installed the mod. It can be both.

Dude, both maps are different, this is not in the normal one, so is this in deluxe or not?

Dude, both maps are different, this is not in the normal one, so is this in deluxe or not?

If your speaking of the under groundgarage, its my private mod.

Guest Francis

It is Hoppah's new map and when you install the mod you can choose whether you want it to replace the normal map or the deluxe map or both.

I'm not dumb. I have already said that what I was asking for is:

Is this the new deluxe or the new normal map? Nothing else.

Well, thanks for all of the ideas given by everybody, I shall do the underground Mourge at the hospital, one issue, I'm not good at making tunnels, any help with that?