MAN007

Midnight Club Los Angeles

The game is meh....ok I guess. I love daytime driving and the brilliant map screen. I'm also glad they kept in things like rage and two wheel driving - really fun on the freeway :P

Pulling away from cops is awesome too. It's such a cool idea. Customising cars is cool, especially if you make them into iconic cars :D

Few things ruin it for me though:

1) A lot of the races are extremly difficult - you tend to finish only by the skin of your teeth. And the power ups are useless.

2) "Three L.A cruisers on my tail! Let's up the game!....Oh, where'd they go?" I did a test and found police can't keep up if you go over 90m.p.h This is a big letdown.

3) Sometimes all you want to do is cruise around L.A and look at the pretty sights. But that always gets interrupts by phone requests to race or remind you to do missions. It's annoying.

Currently working towards completing my license to get the Audi. Might buy a set of car pack from PSN - need to be careful as one gas the Audi in it.

I have to admire the game's difficulty when you start financially wise. I really had to work hard to pay for car custmposiation and better rides.

The game is meh....ok I guess. I love daytime driving and the brilliant map screen. I'm also glad they kept in things like rage and two wheel driving - really fun on the freeway :P

Pulling away from cops is awesome too. It's such a cool idea. Customising cars is cool, especially if you make them into iconic cars :D

Few things ruin it for me though:

1) A lot of the races are extremly difficult - you tend to finish only by the skin of your teeth. And the power ups are useless.

2) "Three L.A cruisers on my tail! Let's up the game!....Oh, where'd they go?" I did a test and found police can't keep up if you go over 90m.p.h This is a big letdown.

3) Sometimes all you want to do is cruise around L.A and look at the pretty sights. But that always gets interrupts by phone requests to race or remind you to do missions. It's annoying.

Currently working towards completing my license to get the Audi. Might buy a set of car pack from PSN - need to be careful as one gas the Audi in it.

I have to admire the game's difficulty when you start financially wise. I really had to work hard to pay for car custmposiation and better rides.

Interesting opinions - I agree - it was kind of difficult at the beginning and is still somewhat difficult... =( BTW, what is your PSN ID? :P

Just a note to MAN007 and anyone else who added me on PSN:

I just moved to a new room and my PS3 hasn't joined me yet, so I havn't been on - I'm not ignoring anyone :)

The driving test in Midnight club feels really hard. What is it, wreck 250 cars? That's going to take time. The "win 20 consecutive races" feels impossible. - I got to 14 too :1046274283_heul: But apparently you can do it out of career mode which is what I'm doing - just need a better car (the Camaro looks good, but it drifts too much lol).

Decided that I will look for an iconic or famous paint scheme for every car that I own, which is a bit hard if it's after the 90's.

But my Camaro now looks like this:

bryan_jenkins_69_camaro.jpg:P

Best car in the game

EDIT: edit's don't bump do they?

EDIT: No, they don't

...not quite sure how much I like the police pack.

The lights don't feel like they are right - it's kinda just like a multi-coloured light running across the roof. Noticed that the lights on the bumper don't flash either.

The LAPD...chevy? (forgot what they are) are near impossible to flip, which is very annoying. Take almost any car to the beach and do a handbrake turn while doingn over 90 - your car will flip. Even boosting doesn't do anything. The car body will lurch, but won't flip :( (boosting in dodge will cause it to flip)

Max speed in an unmodified LAPD cruiser is about 140 - that's 50 more than the max the police drive - unless 90 is the limit for police in LA...

It's also a bit weird that you can engange in street races while in a police vehicle. Guess this is good though, means you don't have change to a normal car every time.

Don't understand why different versions of the vehicles are locked - I can buy the border control dodge, but not the CHP version? Probably just need to complete more of the game I guess.

Being able to modify the police vehicles with vinyls would've been really good.

But hey, at the end of the day, it's free and it's damn good pack.

You can outrun a cop car, but you can't outrun the radio.

Out of the many times I've been chased, there's only one time when the police actually kept knowing where I was - I have a suspicion there was a helicopter :P But honestly, police are useless in this.

I agree with Rexon, I want my patrol car to have flames on it damnit! :1046276128_motz: