Xplorer4x4

Multiple Police Stations?

Ok I have the LAPD station in tact still, but altered(screen shots soon). I have altered a few port buildings and created an LAPP Station/Jail. Now I cant decide as weather to add an LASD station/jail or not. I have decided I will not add a CHP station as I feel 4 would be over kill. On the other hand I cant decide if 3 stations is over kill or not.

If you think I should add a LASD station/jail, where do you suggest putting it? I know if I add it it will be on the right side of the map. I was thinking the parking lot south of the hospital by where the exploding wreck always happens. It fits some what well in this parking lot imo.

Not this is for a private sub mod, but who knows maybe I will seek permission to release some of my changes.

Ok I have the LAPD station in tact still, but altered(screen shots soon). I have altered a few port buildings and created an LAPP Station/Jail. Now I cant decide as weather to add an LASD station/jail or not. I have decided I will not add a CHP station as I feel 4 would be over kill. On the other hand I cant decide if 3 stations is over kill or not.

If you think I should add a LASD station/jail, where do you suggest putting it? I know if I add it it will be on the right side of the map. I was thinking the parking lot south of the hospital by where the exploding wreck always happens. It fits some what well in this parking lot imo.

Not this is for a private sub mod, but who knows maybe I will seek permission to release some of my changes.

After having 3 police stations in my private version of v1.8 (LAPD, Port and CHP), I did find it a bit of overkill. For v1.9 I have decide to only have the LAPD station as it is fairly central and I don't want to have a station within 50 feet of every incident. What I have decided to do is have a couple of CHP cars working out of the LAPD station in addition to LAPD vehicles - you could also have LASD working out of there if you wish. I imagine that in real life at times there would be CHP and LASD vehicles at LAPD stations (either dropping off/picking up prisoners or paperwork or as part of joint operations), so I don't think it would be too unrealstic. I found in game play it is better to manage your resources rather than having units/stations all over the map, that are right on top of every incident - surely LAPD response times aren't that good :-p

Having said that, the set up for your Port Police Station near the docks is a good one and probably what I would do if I did add a second police station.

Just my thoughts, would like to hear others

Take care

Shane

after talking to you through pm, and like i said in my last, a small LAPP and also since u did those upgrades to the S&R LASD a small outpost in the moutains would be nice. i like the new map somewhat.... but the LA River takes up a lot of space that could have been used for something.... another police station and a third fire station could have been there lol but i enjoy something new :-P

i was thinking something small, like below

post-3430-1254828581.jpg

If you're talking about on the new 1.9 map... I don't think you could really add more than 2 additional stations. And LAPP with a single car in a tiny building with an on-ing or something out of the way might be neat.. Then a two car LASD stations that is also used as a jail to actually drop off people and not the police station somewhere far south... But other than that I think it would be just be pointless.

I'm interested to know if a trauma center would be logical. Instead of having the BLS drop off at the main hospital if they could be set to drop off at a trauma center.

I'm interested to know if a trauma center would be logical. Instead of having the BLS drop off at the main hospital if they could be set to drop off at a trauma center.

It would be possible to some extent. If you set up a second hospital on the map, it would be easy enough to script the BLS to go to the Hospital and have the ALS go to the trauma center, but personally I think it would be a waste of space.

Actually... Our 'trauma' centers are not really for major things... Mostly basic stitches and stuff. One story... small building that they keep ambluances at in the middle of the town since 2 of the 3 major ER's are in weird locations. ALS goes to the big place and BLS goes to the small place.

ALS goes to the big place and BLS goes to the small place.

Isnt that what I just described scripting? I still feel it is a waste of space but if you really wanted to, I would say you should remove a building (maybe around the LAPD station - its up to you, just seems like the most reasonable place to me) and replace it with a small "hospital."

Actually... Our 'trauma' centers are not really for major things... Mostly basic stitches and stuff. One story... small building that they keep ambluances at in the middle of the town since 2 of the 3 major ER's are in weird locations. ALS goes to the big place and BLS goes to the small place.

Trauma centers usuially almost always operate a helicopter, and are sex up to handle MAJOR tramatic injuries. what u are talking about seems like u want a city clinic or something of that sort, or a doctors office

I was thinking the exact same thing but I suppose I can see where he is coming from. We have 3 hospitals. Only one(St Marys is a Level 1 trauma center I believe, while another (Deaconess Cross Point) has an ER but alot of specialty practices such as a Women's Hospital and Children's Hospital in partnership with Riley's Children Hospital. Needles to say those 2 have a much larger campus then the other 1 which is Deaconess Hospital(Deac has 2 campuses). In fact I would say the campus of the major 2(St Marys and Cross Point) is 3-4 times the size of the regular Deaconess campus.

hi,

i think a port patrol combined with a ambulance (coast guard) and helipad in the harbor

and a prison with a parking space for the LASD van and patrol car:)

I think that you can never have to many police stations, but then you would take out all the fun of attending calls if you had police stations everywhere. But a port patrol would be good, and maybe a court house so these criminals can get sentances, and then a county jail of some kind to put them in.