lil_killa

white chp slicktop ?

I don`t no if anyone asked/answered this yet, but is anyone planing on making a white chp slicktop or working on one that could be released ??

Its really actually easy to do that...

1. Go into Los Angeles mod v1.8\Models\Police and look for the cv_lapd_slick (or the cv_lapd_unmark) and the cv_chp.dds

2. Rename the .dds to .v3o

3. Go into editor, choose the LA mod, go to unpack files, and select the two models

4. Go back to the police folder, change the changed files back to .dds, and use DDSConverter to convert it to an image (if you don't have it, its in the download section)

5. Repaint the model so its white

6. Copy and paste the CHP symbals and put it on the model

7. Save, convert back to .dds, and play!

IF you do not want to lose the Unmarked or Slicktop patrol car, then copy and past the cv_lapd_unmark in the model and prototype folders. Rename it cv_chp_slick or whatever you want to call it. Do the same things as above, but then follow the adding vehicles from the tutorials section by Hopaah. Hope that helps.

EDIT: MAking it now :gut:

Ok I tired but I did something wrong :( oh well cant wait to see yours

Well, I have the paint done but the doors look like the regular black doors for the unmarked...I might have to edit the Unmarked Patrol car to have the white doors and the symbols and all to make it work, then change it back. Lights and wheels are added, as well as commands.

Guest zeke555666
Well, I have the paint done but the doors look like the regular black doors for the unmarked...I might have to edit the Unmarked Patrol car to have the white doors and the symbols and all to make it work, then change it back. Lights and wheels are added, as well as commands.

well if u make it make the grill lights red and the mirror lights red and leave the leds in the window lights

This may be more effort than you want to put forth, but this is what I did (sorry no screens, my 911fr is locked)

make a copy of the unmarked named chp_slick

copy the body of the Lapp car (I find the shading is more realistic this way than recoloring the um)

copy/paste the door decals from the chp cruiser

it adds a few steps, but it looked cleaner IMO.