Guest tjhugentobler

Directional Lights Help

Guest tjhugentobler

Hi everyone,

How do I edit which lights flash when the directional lights are on? I want the yellow directional lightbar to flash along with some other lights as well. Thanks!

Taylor

Guest cbh84
Hi everyone,

How do I edit which lights flash when the directional lights are on? I want the yellow directional lightbar to flash along with some other lights as well. Thanks!

Taylor

go into editor where you change the lights and find the ones you want to come on with the traffic advisor, copy and paste them then change it from blue light to special light

i did it to most of my units to make it when the traffic advisor is on all the emergency lights facing the rear are on

Is it possoble, to change script in order to make directional lights functioning while police vehicle is moving?

It whould be useful to disperse traffic jam behind the stucked patrol car.

No, it would not be possible. When the directional lights are enabled, the game spawns an invisible "redirect" object behind the police car. I believe this object cannot be moved.

wait couldn't it be scripted diffrent??? Becuase from what i know you can have the special light be a directional light, or a flood light. But when a vehicle drives with the flood light command on it stays in postion. So wouldn't it be possable to script it so that the viritual object follows the police car kind of like the tiller??

Guest madforce
No, it would not be possible. When the directional lights are enabled, the game spawns an invisible "redirect" object behind the police car. I believe this object cannot be moved.

It absolutely is possible, afterall its just a lighting element. All that one would need to do is separate the two events, or add additional lighting to simulate the effect in motion.

wait couldn't it be scripted diffrent??? Becuase from what i know you can have the special light be a directional light, or a flood light. But when a vehicle drives with the flood light command on it stays in postion. So wouldn't it be possable to script it so that the viritual object follows the police car kind of like the tiller??

I'm sure that would work, but I'm not sure they'd like every car the unit passes to be redirected. I would just go the route of adding additional lighting to the normal light package to simulate them being on full time.