Guest browner

Screen Crash, please help.

Guest browner

I know theres lots of topics about this and in the FAQ, but im struggling to sort this out.

Basically, ive had EM4 installed on my PC for a good while now, and even running the LA Mod 1.8 and everything runs smoothly. Earlier on i was dicking about in the settings, and hit the screen resolution which enlarged the game big time on my screen.

I came out of it and went to re start it and i get the black "screen crash" flash. I have browsed through various topics, and attempted a few things , but im not really sure what im doing or where im going wrong.

I can watch the videos without starting the game up, and its a fairly new computer.

Please help.

I have attatched the DXDiag.

Craig

DxDiag.txt

I know theres lots of topics about this and in the FAQ, but im struggling to sort this out.

Basically, ive had EM4 installed on my PC for a good while now, and even running the LA Mod 1.8 and everything runs smoothly. Earlier on i was dicking about in the settings, and hit the screen resolution which enlarged the game big time on my screen.

I came out of it and went to re start it and i get the black "screen crash" flash. I have browsed through various topics, and attempted a few things , but im not really sure what im doing or where im going wrong.

I can watch the videos without starting the game up, and its a fairly new computer.

Please help.

I have attatched the DXDiag.

Craig

Download the configuration file from are download database and use it to replace your own configuration file. That should solve the screen resolution thing.

Guest browner

I downloaded and tried to unzip into that file and this is the message i got

Extracting to "C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Access is denied.

Unable to create directory: C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\High End Systems

Unable to process C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\High End Systems\em4.cfg

Interrupted

Any ideas?

I downloaded and tried to unzip into that file and this is the message i got

Extracting to "C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Access is denied.

Unable to create directory: C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\High End Systems

Unable to process C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\High End Systems\em4.cfg

Interrupted

Any ideas?

You cannot unzip the configuration file. You can only unzip files with the extension .zip or .rar. Just download the file and paste it in the EM4 main folder.

Guest browner

When i downloaded the configuration pack, it automatically opened Winzip. I just dragged it from the Winzip list into my EM4 main file, but nothing seems to have changed and it still crashes

I fiddled about with it a bit more, and selected "Run as Administrator" as i have read elsewhere, the game now runs fine, but on the menu and in game, all the menus have changed such as "ID_Static_Freeplay_Neverending.

Anything can be done to resolve this issue?

When i downloaded the configuration pack, it automatically opened Winzip. I just dragged it from the Winzip list into my EM4 main file, but nothing seems to have changed and it still crashes

I fiddled about with it a bit more, and selected "Run as Administrator" as i have read elsewhere, the game now runs fine, but on the menu and in game, all the menus have changed such as "ID_Static_Freeplay_Neverending.

Anything can be done to resolve this issue?

I just saw Stan uploaded the config file as a zip document so I guess you were right about that :sorrysign:

Go to the folder Emergency 4\Lang and see what folders are present there.

Now go to the folder Emergency 4\Specs and open the file metastrings.xml with notepad

Make sure the name of the folder in the Lang folder and the folders mentioned in the metastrings are named the same.

For example: in the Lang folder there is a folder called 'en'. Then you need to make sure all the strings in the metastrings file read as followed: <file name="mod:Lang/en/infotexts.xml" />

Guest browner

<file name="lang:infotexts.xml" />

<file name="lang:poi.xml" />

<file name="lang:portraits.xml" />

<file name="lang:fail.xml" />

<file name="lang:ingamehelp.xml" />

<file name="lang:objectives.xml" />

<file name="lang:hints.xml" />

<file name="lang:missiontitles.xml" />

<file name="lang:missiontips.xml" />

<file name="lang:mission.xml" />

<file name="lang:talk.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervobj.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervfail.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervresult.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervtut.xml" />

<file name="lang:tutorial.xml" />

<file name="lang:command.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervobj.xml" />

<file name="lang:credits.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervquest.xml" />

<file name="lang:quest.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervaward.xml" />

<file name="lang:events.xml" />

<file name="lang:supervevents.xml" />

<file name="lang:superveventsobj.xml" />

<file name="lang:mainmenu.xml" />

<file name="lang:gui.xml" />

<file name="lang:score.xml" />

<file name="lang:strings.xml" />

<file name="lang:voices.xml" />

this is what is in the metastrings file, so how should it look?

Guest browner

in the language folder there is a folder called "de" with a file called command in it, and then a folder called "en" and when thats opened it has several folders with "audio" "models" supervisor" and "tutorial", then a few files that are XML documents.

in the language folder there is a folder called "de" with a file called command in it, and then a folder called "en" and when thats opened it has several folders with "audio" "models" supervisor" and "tutorial", then a few files that are XML documents.

Open your config file with notepad and search for this line of text: <var name="s_language" value=. behind value there needs to be "en" in that case, if it says "de" change that to "en" save the file and exit.

Also make sure the entire Emergency 4 folder is accescible for the administrator.