Guest PTY997

Game stops responding

Guest PTY997

Ok ive had EM4 for a while now it used to work on my computer i had to system restore because of problems. i reinstalled and it worked fine then i added the LA mod the game ran perfectly for time on end now recently i havent been able to play a endless game because it loads up and just as you start above the Hq it freezes and i cant do nothing so i click around and windows says " EM4 has stopped responding close program? " so i tested the LA mod and it works in endless game but not in normal. Now 15/7/09 i tried the LA mod and now that des the same. Does anyone else have these problems? if you did and there sorted what you do ?

before you ask :

Im running on a XPS 630I

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ

4 GB ram

Vista 32 Bit

2x ATI Radeon 3780HD with Crossfire ( Catalyst and Drivers 9.6 )

everything is up to date

In the Log file i found this error " ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required! " ive been reading around and its usally to do witht he grahic drivers not being up to date but this cant be right coz all my graphics drivers are up to date i have the latest ones from ATi catalyst 9.6

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Guest Sir Stan

I've never encountered this problem, but it looks like a definite driver problem to me...

Do you encounter this type of problem on any other program? Try reinstalling your drivers, in case it's a missing file or such.

Also try reinstalling Emergency 4. Do you have an actual CD or are you using a torrent? It could be a corrupt torrent file.

If all else fails, try using Omega drivers instead of your Radeon drivers. I remember when I had a Radeon, I had to use Omega

drivers because the ATI Catalyst drivers were incompatible with just about anything.

Cheers!

Ok ive had EM4 for a while now it used to work on my computer i had to system restore because of problems. i reinstalled and it worked fine then i added the LA mod the game ran perfectly for time on end now recently i havent been able to play a endless game because it loads up and just as you start above the Hq it freezes and i cant do nothing so i click around and windows says " EM4 has stopped responding close program? " so i tested the LA mod and it works in endless game but not in normal. Now 15/7/09 i tried the LA mod and now that des the same. Does anyone else have these problems? if you did and there sorted what you do ?

In the Log file i found this error " ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required! " ive been reading around and its usally to do witht he grahic drivers not being up to date but this cant be right coz all my graphics drivers are up to date i have the latest ones from ATi catalyst 9.6

Try downsizing your graphic drivers to some version from 2008. For some reason the game isn't compattible with the latest drivers.

Guest PTY997
I've never encountered this problem, but it looks like a definite driver problem to me...

Do you encounter this type of problem on any other program? Try reinstalling your drivers, in case it's a missing file or such.

Also try reinstalling Emergency 4. Do you have an actual CD or are you using a torrent? It could be a corrupt torrent file.

If all else fails, try using Omega drivers instead of your Radeon drivers. I remember when I had a Radeon, I had to use Omega

drivers because the ATI Catalyst drivers were incompatible with just about anything.

Cheers!

Ok all my other programs work fine ive even done a performance test to put it to the max. im using the Cd and ive reinstalled it 3 times and i got it to work im free mode both LA mod and normal game but after about 1 hour of play it CTD and i check the log file and it says the same about the error. i tried Omega but they didnt have anydrives for Vista 32 bit it says stay tuned comming soon

I ve installed my drivers about 6 times today if not then i will have to hope a patch or a new EM come out but thanks for your help much appreciated :)

Try downsizing your graphic drivers to some version from 2008. For some reason the game isn't compattible with the latest drivers.

ive tried this to and i get a load of other error message with points to update your graphics driver