Guest cartagena101x

adding new vehicles

Guest cartagena101x

how could i add more vehicles to the fire station as well as too the parking lot

and change the missions

i just want medical fire and police no arsonist

some new ones like car accidents, people geting hit by cars in the free play any help would be appreciated

thank you

Changing freeplay events:

There is a post somewhere on the forums and its pinned. MikesPhoto did a basic run through on it so everything makes sense and tells you how to change it. Trying using search function or check the forums under pinned area to find something on freeplay events.

Changing the missions:

Requires works in scripting and work in the editor I believe. That will be a lot of work imo.

Adding new car accidents: ( This is from Pumper 42, printed off a copy of it :) I take no credit on this. )

What you need to do is go into the editor to one of the accident scenes, click on the car and go to properties, you'll notice the name of the car is eg.CCAR01 then go into traits and you will see that there is a little check box that says PERSON ENCLOSED when checked there is a little tab underneith that say eg.CCARP01 if you click on the glass, or the skid marks you will notice that they are named eg.CCARD01.

Now to put this together.

1.select under vehicles wrecks slicable

2.place that vehicle where ever

3.name that vehicle once placed CCAR31(just and example start here and work up for the next ones 31,32,33,34

4.go into that vehicles traits and check person enclosed and pick one from the menu

5.if you want it to be multiple vehicles, select another wrecks slicable and place it name it CCARD31

6.go into traits person enclosed..............................................yada yada

7.if you want to add skid marks or glass go into debris pick the appropriate one and add those name CCARD31 as well.

8.if you want to add people that aren't in the cars (hit in cross walk before car hit building) just name that that person CCARD31

Original vehicle must be CCAR? anything else CCARD?

Guest cartagena101x
Changing freeplay events:

There is a post somewhere on the forums and its pinned. MikesPhoto did a basic run through on it so everything makes sense and tells you how to change it. Trying using search function or check the forums under pinned area to find something on freeplay events.

Changing the missions:

Requires works in scripting and work in the editor I believe. That will be a lot of work imo.

Adding new car accidents: ( This is from Pumper 42, printed off a copy of it :) I take no credit on this. )

What you need to do is go into the editor to one of the accident scenes, click on the car and go to properties, you'll notice the name of the car is eg.CCAR01 then go into traits and you will see that there is a little check box that says PERSON ENCLOSED when checked there is a little tab underneith that say eg.CCARP01 if you click on the glass, or the skid marks you will notice that they are named eg.CCARD01.

Now to put this together.

1.select under vehicles wrecks slicable

2.place that vehicle where ever

3.name that vehicle once placed CCAR31(just and example start here and work up for the next ones 31,32,33,34

4.go into that vehicles traits and check person enclosed and pick one from the menu

5.if you want it to be multiple vehicles, select another wrecks slicable and place it name it CCARD31

6.go into traits person enclosed..............................................yada yada

7.if you want to add skid marks or glass go into debris pick the appropriate one and add those name CCARD31 as well.

8.if you want to add people that aren't in the cars (hit in cross walk before car hit building) just name that that person CCARD31

Original vehicle must be CCAR? anything else CCARD?

this is alot of help thank you .. just one last thing .. how do i acces the game editor??? im new at this and im trying to get better i appreciate your help

this is alot of help thank you .. just one last thing .. how do i acces the game editor??? im new at this and im trying to get better i appreciate your help

This is under your program files. Goto the start menu, go under the Wizardworks file (if you have 911:FR) and it should be under there. It is called 911: First Responders Editor

If you have Emergency 4, you would go under the sixteen tons file I believe.

go to Start, All Programs, Sixteen Tons or Wizard Works (whichever you have) and then click on the EM4 / 911: First Responders editor.

Once editor opens, to load mod, go to the top of editor, click modifications, load the LA Mod v1.8. May take a while. That will load the mod for you. You will see prototypes window open which is your objects, vehicles, building etc. That's where you can change all types of things in the vehicles and add more objects to the map. Now, to load map, you need click Map (I think) and then go to the maps folder, and open the LA Mod v1.8. May take a while to load then you will see fire station 1 and whole bunch of fireworks. This is the complete map. You can edit all types of things from editor. I am unsure every detail on this so someone will have to give you assistance with any questions on it.

Guest cartagena101x

ok so i tried adding new vehicles, i didnt add any to the parking lot cuz i thought it look bad so i just added some vehickes inside the fire station 1, only the ones i thought could fit there no more

so then i saved the map and alll

now when i loaded the free play it would load then exit out it would crash

no i delted the la mod and then i re installed it again but it still crashing any idea why??

thanks

ok so i tried adding new vehicles, i didnt add any to the parking lot cuz i thought it look bad so i just added some vehickes inside the fire station 1, only the ones i thought could fit there no more

no i delted the la mod and then i re installed it again but it still crashing any idea why??

thanks

I'm not an expert myself, but I'm pretty sure you have to do alot more then just saving it in the editor. You have to alter the scripts for the game the station scripts and firestationstart script... I'm sure there are alot more. Maybe another member would know more.

But yeah, but think about it. To SWITCH the HAZMAT with an HES, you have to change like 4 scripts. to ADD vehicles i'm guessing you need to change a whole bunch including adding virtual objects. Also, I'm not sure if you can put different trucks in the same bay. (how would they get out if you needed them)

That's all I know... Did you back up your files? Try removing the changes you did in the editor and save it.

Guest cartagena101x
I'm not an expert myself, but I'm pretty sure you have to do alot more then just saving it in the editor. You have to alter the scripts for the game the station scripts and firestationstart script... I'm sure there are alot more. Maybe another member would know more.

But yeah, but think about it. To SWITCH the HAZMAT with an HES, you have to change like 4 scripts. to ADD vehicles i'm guessing you need to change a whole bunch including adding virtual objects. Also, I'm not sure if you can put different trucks in the same bay. (how would they get out if you needed them)

That's all I know... Did you back up your files? Try removing the changes you did in the editor and save it.

yeah i just did and it works

thanks for ur help

=]

To switch a fire truck out with another, it only takes 2 scripts for it to function but to change personell it takes another and then if you want to add it to batallion then you will have to edit that as well. So total 4 if you go all out. I only edit 3 of them.

On the editor, you are correct. You have to add virtual objects and then add those objects in the proper scripts. I guess you could put different trucks in the same bay but it just wouldn't make since if u had to get it out for a call.

- Just so you know, you can't just add vehicles on the map and save it and expect it to work. I can't remember everything you had to do but I seen somewhere on the forums about what you need to do in order to get more fire trucks on the map.

thanks for your help i appreciate it

im just not gonna mess with it lol

thanks again

You can always try messing with it, just make sure you make a back-up file before you do anything. So just incase something goes wrong, you can just overwrite your backup files over the files you were working with.

Practice makes perfect =P

Guest cartagena101x

thats true

well if anyone can help me with it i would appreciate it

i just want the fire house filled not as empty lol

i would like to switch some trucks with engine 88 that was on the editor under vehicles they look very cool

and some ems cars in the parking lot

but ill give it a try

thanks

thanks

Where did you go to add the vehicles in the first place?

thats true

well if anyone can help me with it i would appreciate it

i just want the fire house filled not as empty lol

i would like to switch some trucks with engine 88 that was on the editor under vehicles they look very cool

and some ems cars in the parking lot

but ill give it a try

thanks

For additional units to function properly you have to script the changes. If you just put them in through the editor they wont return to the FS(depending on the vehicle).