USAFFireFighter

Vehicle Addition To Parking - Heavy Equiptment Truck & Brush Truck

Oh its fine THANK you for the help :)

Hi USAFFirefighter,

just a quick question. Have you had much experience with the game editor ? I am preparing the scripts for you but you will need to add several virtual objects to the map. Have you had any experience with that ?

EDIT:

I took the liberty of making a complete download with all the necessary changes, including the maps and prototypes.

All you need to do is download this file and extract using winrar. The extracted folder (Add Brush and Heavy Equip to v1.8) will contain a folder called "Los Angeles Mod v1.8". If you copy this folder and paste into the 911 - First Responders/Mods folder on your computer (you should already have a folder of the same name in the mods folder), when you paste it will over-write the necessary data to make the changes (when you paste the files you will be asked if you want to over-write existing files - which you do). When you next start the mod you will be right to go, the brush truck and Heavy Equipment Squad will appear at the beginning of Freeplay game - parked at rear of station 1 near the BC and the personnel will be running out to staff the vehicles, both vehicles will now have the tofirstation command (I have also added patrol command to Heavy Equipment Squad).

It is important to remember that once the vehicles have returned to station, the personnel will get out of the vehicle and you must alarm firestation 1 to restaff the vehicle before responding to an incident.

Add_Brush_and_Heavy_Equip_to_v1.8.rar

Hope this is what you need.

Hi USAFFirefighter,

just a quick question. Have you had much experience with the game editor ? I am preparing the scripts for you but you will need to add several virtual objects to the map. Have you had any experience with that ?

EDIT:

I took the liberty of making a complete download with all the necessary changes, including the maps and prototypes.

All you need to do is download this file and extract using winrar. The extracted folder (Add Brush and Heavy Equip to v1.8) will contain a folder called "Los Angeles Mod v1.8". If you copy this folder and paste into the 911 - First Responders/Mods folder on your computer (you should already have a folder of the same name in the mods folder), when you paste it will over-write the necessary data to make the changes (when you paste the files you will be asked if you want to over-write existing files - which you do). When you next start the mod you will be right to go, the brush truck and Heavy Equipment Squad will appear at the beginning of Freeplay game - parked at rear of station 1 near the BC and the personnel will be running out to staff the vehicles, both vehicles will now have the tofirstation command (I have also added patrol command to Heavy Equipment Squad).

It is important to remember that once the vehicles have returned to station, the personnel will get out of the vehicle and you must alarm firestation 1 to restaff the vehicle before responding to an incident.

Add_Brush_and_Heavy_Equip_to_v1.8.rar

Hope this is what you need.

I have a question. I currently have my game changed so that a Heavy Equipment Squad goes to LAFD Station 2 instead of the HAZMAT unit. If I replace my game with these files also, would it work? Or would these files conflict with the change I've made already?

I want to have both. =)

I have a question. I currently have my game changed so that a Heavy Equipment Squad goes to LAFD Station 2 instead of the HAZMAT unit. If I replace my game with these files also, would it work? Or would these files conflict with the change I've made already?

I want to have both. =)

I think the files will overwrite your changed files. If so, you must just go back in the scripts and re edit them, not too hard.

I want to use all these submods on the forums, but there are too many files that will overwrite each other.

I think the files will overwrite your changed files. If so, you must just go back in the scripts and re edit them, not too hard.

I want to use all these submods on the forums, but there are too many files that will overwrite each other.

Yeah, It overwrites the files, but I was able to re-edit them. However, I've stumbled upon another problem...

Currently, the changes I have made are:

- Adding a HES and Brush Truck to the parking lot of LAFD station 1

- Switched out USAR Squad for a Foam Tender in LAFD Station 1

- Switched ou the HAZMAT Squad for a HES in LAFD Station 2

The problem is that my HES will not return to station 2. The HES will return to the parking space at Station 1, however, the other HES says "No room at fire station, Vehicle returns to base!", Even though station 2's bay is free.

I'm guessing there is something wrong with the LAtoFireStation script, but i'm not quite sure what to change.

Does anybody have an idea on what I can change so that I can have my Heavy Equipment squads return to both the parking space at station 1 AND the bay at station 2?

Guest chevyrulzs2010
Yeah, It overwrites the files, but I was able to re-edit them. However, I've stumbled upon another problem...

Currently, the changes I have made are:

- Adding a HES and Brush Truck to the parking lot of LAFD station 1

- Switched out USAR Squad for a Foam Tender in LAFD Station 1

- Switched ou the HAZMAT Squad for a HES in LAFD Station 2

The problem is that my HES will not return to station 2. The HES will return to the parking space at Station 1, however, the other HES says "No room at fire station, Vehicle returns to base!", Even though station 2's bay is free.

I'm guessing there is something wrong with the LAtoFireStation script, but i'm not quite sure what to change.

Does anybody have an idea on what I can change so that I can have my Heavy Equipment squads return to both the parking space at station 1 AND the bay at station 2?

compare the script to the one of the als engine, and see if there is an extra part that makes it check to see if there is room at station 2. the als engine is the only other one that checks =)

compare the script to the one of the als engine, and see if there is an extra part that makes it check to see if there is room at station 2. the als engine is the only other one that checks =)

Yeah, I tried to do that, but the script confused me... I tried different things, but I still didn't get the right thing i wanted... I was hoping someone could help me out.

this one dos not work if you up load a new map..... is there any way to fix that?

I'm pretty sure, in order to have it work, you would have to alter the scripts extensively. You would have to move the virtual objects and everything i'm guessing.

Don't quote me though... I only use the original map, and I'm just assuming that's what you'd need to do. Maybe someone has a definate answer?

this one dos not work if you up load a new map..... is there any way to fix that?

Be more descriptive. What game are you playing and what map are you using?

The Brush and HES does work if you load a new map because each time i add a new submod, I start a new game and it works fine for me. So, answer the questions above and hopefully we can get your issue solved.

I'm pretty sure, in order to have it work, you would have to alter the scripts extensively. You would have to move the virtual objects and everything i'm guessing.

Don't quote me though... I only use the original map, and I'm just assuming that's what you'd need to do. Maybe someone has a definate answer?

You shouldn't have to worry about that. ShaneGreen had already made the virtual objects you need. Only thing I think you have to do is go in the editor and at the LAtoStation buttons.

im using the new map woods and them put out called dfreeplay..... the truck works but its just not parked at the station

Wood's parking at the fire station is different and in a different location, now I am not sure but I am pretty positive you will have to add your own virtual objects and scripting to make it work. If I am wrong, then maybe someone who has more knowledge then me will be able to more assist me. (I still don't get how to make virtual objects.)

When I had winrar extract the files into my LA mod it never asked me if i wanted to overwrite any files. anyone know whats going on?

I'm not sure where it would of went, but let's try this:

Extract the files to desktop. Go to c:\program files\emergency 4\mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8. Drag the files from desktop to this folder.

If that works, let us know. If not, we need to reinstall your LA Mod.

I had problems overwriting but i solved it,, so now im gonna explain for if you get this problem too:

Use winrar..

You get the Add brush.... folder...

Go in it..

Then you got the LA mod 1.8 folder.

Go in it..

THen you get 3 folders.

Scripts, Prototypes and Maps..

Go in Maps first.

Then you see 2 files.

Extract them where they belong (Mods / Los Angeles Mod V1.8 / Maps (Extract them into Maps))

If my idea is correct you should NOT get an overwriting message...

Go to the Maps folder.

(in your program files)

You see the Add Brush.... folder...

GO in it and go in the maps till you see the 2 files again.

Then use the command on the left to move the 2 files to the Maps folder where they belong.

When you did it RIGHT you get the overwriting msg, do so., go into your Maps folder and delete the Add brush folder.

Do the same with (im talking in winrar now) Scripts and Prototypes..

And then you will have the normal LA mod V1.8 with this add-on...

The scripts will be fine. All you have to do is go in the editor and add 4 virtual objects. Load the editor, load the mod, load the freeplay or dfreeplay.e4m file.If you use emergency 4 deluxe, edit the dfreeplay, otherwise edit freeplay.e4m. Hit F5. Now add 4 virtual objects. I assume they need to be named fs_hes, this is where the HES will park. Then fs_hes2 just to the front back or side. This second VO instructs the game which way to face when parking. Look at how the fs_battalion and fs_battalion2 VOs are set up for reference.