Xplorer4x4

Minor Medical Emergency

I thought I would ask this here sine theres so many emergency personnel here. A friend/neighbor of mine was sent to the hospital for a "minor medical emergency" according to a cop. Heres the thing that threw me off. There were 4 freakin cop cars here. Some one was sent to the hospital just a few days earlier(fell on the stairs) and there wasnt a single cop around, but tonight for my friend there was 4 cops here then the fire department showed up since there about a mile, maybe two away, and eventually the assholes with AMR showed up. Any ideas why in the hell they sent 4 cop cars for a minor medical situation? Maybe crowd control? Its a pretty big apt complex with about 14 buildings and around 600-700 apts. Not to mention 1 felony traffic stop and 1 traffic stop/drug sting. Any ideas?

Guest Dom911
I thought I would ask this here sine theres so many emergency personnel here. A friend/neighbor of mine was sent to the hospital for a "minor medical emergency" according to a cop. Heres the thing that threw me off. There were 4 freakin cop cars here. Some one was sent to the hospital just a few days earlier(fell on the stairs) and there wasnt a single cop around, but tonight for my friend there was 4 cops here then the fire department showed up since there about a mile, maybe two away, and eventually the assholes with AMR showed up. Any ideas why in the hell they sent 4 cop cars for a minor medical situation? Maybe crowd control? Its a pretty big apt complex with about 14 buildings and around 600-700 apts. Not to mention 1 felony traffic stop and 1 traffic stop/drug sting. Any ideas?

When the officers tell you "minor medical emergency" thats basically saying "none of your business", they dont want to tell you what really happened, bascically because you dont need to know.

If 4 officers showed up first, there was some sort of disturbance, which at the end either involved someone getting tased or someone needed to be forcibly restrained and suffered "minor" injuries in the process and was transported.

Guest Taylor

Could've been a slow night, could've been an altercation at the residents, who knows. Four cops sounds like either it was a slow night, or something a little more than meets the eye happened.

When the officers tell you "minor medical emergency" thats basically saying "none of your business", they dont want to tell you what really happened, bascically because you dont need to know.

If 4 officers showed up first, there was some sort of disturbance, which at the end either involved someone getting tased or someone needed to be forcibly restrained and suffered "minor" injuries in the process and was transported.

Well it may or may not been the case as it was minor because I could here my friend talking to the FF/PMs and EMTs.

As for restraint that did pop another idea in my head that perhaps they were there to restrain his dog if needed. Its not a huge dog but about like a full grown Labrador.

Guest SHERIFF05

Minor medical usually describes 1 of 2 things - As Dom said - None of your Business - which is used for lower crowd control - or it was most likely a substance abuse call or suicidal threats or actions call... Hence the police presence - and the ems arriving later on for TX...

Thats my guess

PS

VSA - is usually Volatile Substance Abuse.... So basically an O.D. At least thats what i have always understood it as.

Hmm from the more people i talk to OD is starting to sound like the key to the puzzle because I know the guy likes to get fucked up. He usually drinks a few beers each night, and I know hes on darvacets for his neck because he had neck fusion surgery some time in the past. I believe he said he dove into a stripper pit and injured his neck pretty badly. Plus he was having a rough time with his girl lately. Even then I had talked to him like 2 hours earlier and he was his usual happy go lucky self.

Sounds like an OD or a suicide attempt, that's about how most places I know handle them.

In terms of his attitude, not that it is necessarily an OD,etc., but speaking from experience, people can act real weird about stuff like that. They can swing back and forth like a pendulum, especially with any alcohol or narcotics in their system.