Ami89E1234

EFR - EM4 Modding Tools Package

Hello,

I've started to work on some designs for modding sub-programs for EM4 to make modding easier. So far here is a list of programs I thought would be most useful:

EM4 Map Maker (Will be a image processing program made specifically for making maps, and will include pre-made textures (i.e. roads, grass) to make map making much easier.)

Emodeler (A modeling program for EM4, with specific things required for EM4/EM3 modding, so people don't have to use Zmodeler2 anymore.)

EM4 Skinner (Will be a plugin for later versions of the EM4 Map Maker, giving you a .dds import/export feature and will be aimed specifically at EM4 skinning (But it could be used as any other image processing program could)

EM4 Advanced Script Generator (Like the other EM4 script generator, but much more advanced.)

Other tools...

Key:

Green - finished

Red - not started

Blue - in progress

Orange - undecided

This is just in concept; as of now I'm still working on drawing a rough draft of the Map Maker, and this 'package' will not be released for some time, if it is released. Just wanted some input.

Comments?

Questions?

Suggestions?

Thank you.

thanks for the comments everyone.

@em4fun: the map editor will work like any other image processign program (Photoshop, Paint.NET,etc) but you can select premade map textures (such as roads, grass) and then just paste them into your map to make it. i also want to add a feature to where you can take real-time topography, put it in, and do an automatic map make or something along the lines of that.

@jab16: no, there will never be a price on anything EFR makes (unless, of course, you want to donate :) and there will be a donate button in the help menu of the programs.)

basically the same way as the current EM4 Script Generator. you select what type of script you want to make (mission or command) and then select variables, etc and press generate and then you can edit it and save at will

@jacob: well, if i had more help it would be very possible to be made into reality. i already have the draft on paper of what the Map Maker will look like finished

does anyone have any suggestions? (for tools/applications)

basically the same way as the current EM4 Script Generator. you select what type of script you want to make (mission or command) and then select variables, etc and press generate and then you can edit it and save at will

@jacob: well, if i had more help it would be very possible to be made into reality. i already have the draft on paper of what the Map Maker will look like finished

does anyone have any suggestions? (for tools/applications)

A little oftopic

Where can i get the regular EM4 Script Generator?

Cause the people at http://www.emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=Index are evil lol. they deleted the EFR section (either accidentally or on purpose, i dunno which) when they updated the forum. so i might post in awhile, maybe even start the EFR section back up (i need a LOT of skinners and another modeler or two would be helpful, as well as one or more of the seemingly infinite number of scripters they have there - other staff members would help as well)

anyone wanna help me get it on that forum?

lol thats exactly what i based it off of... to make it have an easy to use layout/functions, etc.

on another note, ive started to try and develop the programs using HyperNext Studio. i really do need to maybe get the EFR section back up on the other forum

there is. the same people who are making the NYMod have a translated version of the script generator somewhere on this forum.

EDIT - Big News: Started on the Adv. Script Gen. Heres a basic layout following the rough draft (its not done yet). Waddya think?

basiclayout_asg.jpg

I think it looks great, but I'm just waitin' for the map making tool. Not that I don't know how to make maps. Thunder and lighting in Roseville last night and the night before last night. I guess that thats really unusuall down here ( I'm used to Alaskan weather! ). Anyway, looks really great, and I hope you make the Emodler. I really don't care for Zmodler.