kuzzo92

A few questions

Hi, I've started my own project of making just a small mod. Since I can't model it's just reskins of the vehicles but in swedish colours, well not really swedish but my county since not every county has the exact same colours. I got a few problems, I've never used Photoshop in my life but I have still managed to reskin the ambulance but this is where my problem comes, when i save the file and going to replace the original file the new model doesn't appear in the game. I thought that I just had to do that to make new models?

Over to my next problem, I don't have a clue how to import vehicles to the editor nor anything else. I have made som stuff in the editor but that is just because of a window popping up when I load a new mod, that's the only way i know how to import vehicles but from the beginning there is nothing at all so help is very appreciated here.

The idea was not to tell anyone about my reskins until I tested them and had everything finished but that just got spoiled :D.

Any help here is really appreciated

Hi, I've started my own project of making just a small mod. Since I can't model it's just reskins of the vehicles but in swedish colours, well not really swedish but my county since not every county has the exact same colours. I got a few problems, I've never used Photoshop in my life but I have still managed to reskin the ambulance but this is where my problem comes, when i save the file and going to replace the original file the new model doesn't appear in the game. I thought that I just had to do that to make new models?

You need a program called the DDS converter to convert the skin to a workable format to edit it in photoshop (.jpg or something). After you've saved the skin you need this program again to change the skin back to .dds format. You can then replace the original file by this file.

greetz,

You need a program called the DDS converter to convert the skin to a workable format to edit it in photoshop (.jpg or something). After you've saved the skin you need this program again to change the skin back to .dds format. You can then replace the original file by this file.

greetz,

Oooh, I think I wasn't clear enough, sorry for that, but I have converted the skin to a workable file on Photoshop and afterwards I converted it back to .dds but the skin still doesn't show ingame so i still have the original ingame skin.

Oooh, I think I wasn't clear enough, sorry for that, but I have converted the skin to a workable file on Photoshop and afterwards I converted it back to .dds but the skin still doesn't show ingame so i still have the original ingame skin.

You sure you pasted the file in the right folder? Did the PC ask you to overwrite the file? Are you sure you didn't chage the name?

Edited by pyrothijs

You sure you pasted the file in the right folder? Did the PC ask you to overwrite the file? Are you sure you didn't chage the name?

I'm quite sure, it should be in the models folder right? The PC did ask to overwrite and i didn't change the name at all. If I didn't put it in the wrong folder it should work shouldn't it?

And anyone else got a suggestion or solution to my other problem?

Edited by pyrothijs

I'm quite sure, it should be in the models folder right? The PC did ask to overwrite and i didn't change the name at all. If I didn't put it in the wrong folder it should work shouldn't it?

And anyone else got a suggestion or solution to my other problem?

Posts merged

If you want the skins of the original game vehicles to be replaced you need to paste the file in this folder:

Emergency 4\Data\Models\Vehicles\Fire Department

If you want to change the skin of the vehicles from a mod you need to paste in this folder:

Emergency 4\Mods\[NAME MOD]\Models\Vehicles\Fire Department

About your other problem: if you want to select a vehicle and put in the editor via the menu you described. You can call that menu via edit --> scene.

greetz,

Posts merged

If you want the skins of the original game vehicles to be replaced you need to paste the file in this folder:

Emergency 4\Data\Models\Vehicles\Fire Department

If you want to change the skin of the vehicles from a mod you need to paste in this folder:

Emergency 4\Mods\[NAME MOD]\Models\Vehicles\Fire Department

About your other problem: if you want to select a vehicle and put in the editor via the menu you described. You can call that menu via edit --> scene.

greetz,

Hmm, i reskinned a police vehicle and it still doesn't work. I don't know why, i putted it in the right folders but it still doesn't show the new one. But thanks for the editor help.

Hmm, i reskinned a police vehicle and it still doesn't work. I don't know why, i putted it in the right folders but it still doesn't show the new one. But thanks for the editor help.

You can also check out the UV-map tutorial, it connects a skin to a model, but when you just changed the skin it shouldn't be necessary to UV-map the whole vehicle again. You can nevertheless try, maybe it will solve the issue.

greetz,

You can also check out the UV-map tutorial, it connects a skin to a model, but when you just changed the skin it shouldn't be necessary to UV-map the whole vehicle again. You can nevertheless try, maybe it will solve the issue.

greetz,

Thank you, i will try that. Hope it works otherwise i don't know what to do.