Guest Evel

Light Problems

In game, all the lights are weird. The light they make turns up as a square or rectangle shape with lines in it. This hasn't happened before, but after not playing for a very long time and then returning, it happened. I'll upload a screenshot soon. My video card is an ATi Radeon HD 4870 with 512MB of memory.

Edit: Here's the screenshot. It was taken in LA Mod, but it happens in the original game too.

Em4Deluxe2009-02-1611-37-00-92.png

Edit 2: Uploaded my DxDiag.txt and logfile.txt if it helps.

DxDiag.txt

Guest Bulldog

I have the same problem, i posted a topic in dutch but now i found your problem to. I'll try to upload your files.. and look if it ''helps''

Update here....

I tried allot. Update my ATI Radeon graphic card driver 3600 series with 512MB

My old version was : 9.1

New Version is : 9.2

i did a reinstall of the game. Vieuw times already Because i putted in the log of stan in the game but then it kept crashing to desktop,When i putted in emergencydelux config file in it. it wont start at all. So i took the normal config file changed the name to emergency config. and then it started but when i played more and more.. it crashed more and more :protest:

Really need some help over here guys. When it start to rain and the night falls over emergency city its ugly ass hell. and i cant see sharp by then anymore :nixweiss:

Edited by pyrothijs

I have the same problem, i posted a topic in dutch but now i found your problem to. I'll try to upload your files.. and look if it ''helps''

Update here....

I tried allot. Update my ATI Radeon graphic card driver 3600 series with 512MB

I took the liberty of merging your posts ;)

Do you guys use LA mod only or do you haver submods (w00ds map / tony's lights etc.) installed?

I see Evel has updated his graphic drivers in january this year. Maybe you could try the previous version of your graphic drivers. It shoudln't make a difference, but other members have reported 'degrading' their video drivers worked for them.

I can't find any faults in your logfiles that could explain this. Maybe other moderators have an idea?

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest Bulldog

I'm going to try this to reinstal some other drivers from ati, One of my friends has the same emergency (i gave it to him) and he doesnt have problems at all.. so i think its my graphics card.. because he has vista to.. and he has an ati graphic card.. but his one is higher then my graphic card

I took the liberty of merging your posts ;)

Do you guys use LA mod only or do you haver submods (w00ds map / tony's lights etc.) installed?

I see Evel has updated his graphic drivers in january this year. Maybe you could try the previous version of your graphic drivers. It shoudln't make a difference, but other members have reported 'degrading' their video drivers worked for them.

I can't find any faults in your logfiles that could explain this. Maybe other moderators have an idea?

I only have LA mod. I'll try and degrade my graphic drivers.

Edit: I uninstalled the new driver, but when I try to install an old one, I get the error "Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit." I checked to make sure that the driver was for my video card and operating system, and it was.

I'm going to try this to reinstal some other drivers from ati, One of my friends has the same emergency (i gave it to him) and he doesnt have problems at all.. so i think its my graphics card.. because he has vista to.. and he has an ati graphic card.. but his one is higher then my graphic card

Hi Buldog,

I have ATI HD4870x2 2GB in x2 in crossfire and have found that all of the recent drivers released by ATI don't seem to like Emergency 4 very much, so you can pretty well guarantee that there is the problem. I had to do exactly the same thing and dial back my driver version in order for it to work properly. Once I did that it all works fine. I am currently running ATI catayst 8.10 drivers, which I recall should also work with your card. It is important to make sure that you completely remove existing ATI drivers from your computer before installing another version, particularly if it is an earlier version. I am running Vista 64 bit.

Hope this helps