Guest Tanatos

Yet Another CTD Thread

Guest Tanatos

Hey, guys 'n' girls!

Just installed Emergency 4 Deluxe @ my Laptop. No probs during installation. Then I was able to click the start-button => BlueScreen

Once again :) Restarted PC, tryed to start the game again... Screen turned black and game crashed back to desktop.

Logfile talkes about an error with my graphic's driver. But there's really a little problem with it. No other driver is available. This is caused by a dicision i made a few month ago. I f*cked off VISTA and chose XP instead. My laptop's builder does not support XP on the Laptop (ASUS Pro 31 S-Series), so i had to install a driver, made by Radeon-Community. It's the only driver I found that works for me. And I tryed hard to get a more compatible driver!

Some informations 'bout my system:

Windows XP SP3

Intel Core Duo T7500 @ 2.2 GHz

RAM 2 GB

DirectX 9.0c

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 with Driver: Omega 3.8.442

Only Errormessage in logfile.txt:

?ERROR: The Vision engine requires support for the ARB_multitexture extension!

Please make sure you have the latest video drivers installed for your 3D card.

Maybe there's help somewhere over the rainbow ;)

Greets

Tanatos

Some informations 'bout my system:

Windows XP SP3

Intel Core Duo T7500 @ 2.2 GHz

RAM 2 GB

DirectX 9.0c

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 with Driver: Omega 3.8.442

Only Errormessage in logfile.txt:

Maybe there's help somewhere over the rainbow ;)

Greets

Tanatos

Did you perhaps have any messages in you logfile stating: LOAD:UI/MOD/[NAME OF A FILE] could not be found?

No, nothing at all :(

Here my logfile (attached)

Greets

Well it is definetly your graphic card than. Could you upload your DXDIAG file, so I can see what card is installed exactly and so I can collect the version information I need to check for a newer driver for you.

If there is no newer version , I'm afraid you will have to go back to Vista...

greetz,

Bad news!

Here my DxDiag (also attached)

I checked the ATI website, I haven't found any new drivers there. They refered me to your notebook manufacturer (ASUS) to check for a driver update. They have a special program that scans your computer and determines the most suitable driver. You can find that function here.

Click the red text beneath the green circle with the red arrow. ASUS will install a program on your laptop that scans the system and determines the best driver. That system will contact the ASUS website after it determined it and shows you the latest driver.

Good luck.