Guest em01

Multiplayer Help Needed

When i create a multiplayer room no one ever joins, so i checked it out on another pc and the room doesn't exist!

I am using version 1.3f-en

I always do a 4 player endless game over the internet set to public server.

My firewall isn't blocking it and i can't think why it doesn't show up on the internet room list

Please could you help me be able to create games because all i can do is join games.

Iv tried it on both my laptop and pc and it just doesn't appear!

When i create a multiplayer room no one ever joins, so i checked it out on another pc and the room doesn't exist!

I am using version 1.3f-en

I always do a 4 player endless game over the internet set to public server.

My firewall isn't blocking it and i can't think why it doesn't show up on the internet room list

Please could you help me be able to create games because all i can do is join games.

Iv tried it on both my laptop and pc and it just doesn't appear!

If you are using a router to connect to the internet,that is usually what is causing the problem,as you router masks itself,thus preventing people from connecting to your game,it a common problem,and too hard to explain what to do,as it involve the ip of you router,i used to host games,but only with well known friends,and not EM4 i might add,and it took a while for ppl to understand how to connect,im sure someone will tell you what to do,but my advice,just play on someone elses set up game

A Simple solutions for those who are not good with computers or unfamiliar with their router is a program called hamachi, there is a free version of the program available which you can use to play emergency 4/FR without changing anything. Basically it creates a fake network, hamachi turns ya'll in to a semi-local network permitting you to do direct-ip type of games, someone enters the IP assigned to the hamachi program and you all can play the game without much effort required. The only draw back is that it creates a new network adapter with hamachi but it can be disabled fairly easilly. That is what I do all the time, I only activate that network device that is setup with hamachi when I intend to use the program, otherwise it is completely shut down.

A Simple solutions for those who are not good with computers or unfamiliar with their router is a program called hamachi, there is a free version of the program available which you can use to play emergency 4/FR without changing anything. Basically it creates a fake network, hamachi turns ya'll in to a semi-local network permitting you to do direct-ip type of games, someone enters the IP assigned to the hamachi program and you all can play the game without much effort required. The only draw back is that it creates a new network adapter with hamachi but it can be disabled fairly easilly. That is what I do all the time, I only activate that network device that is setup with hamachi when I intend to use the program, otherwise it is completely shut down.

so do i have to do direct ip or is there a way to change the router to allow me to create non direct ip games as i am fairly familiar with my router

This game was really meant for people to play online through their networking card hooked to DSL/Cable from what I understand of it, so it is not so friendly to those of us running routers....

Basically you have to use Direct-IP in order for online play to work, some people can host a game on the web and it works perfectly fine, but looking through the lists of online games occasionally I notice there are rarely any games listed.

Router info site

If you still have the documentation, I believe it is your router's ip addy you have to give to them in order for them to connect to you to play, alternatively, get someone else to host the game that has a way around the problem with routers.

Sorry guys but i have another problem regarding this. A friend told me about the opening ports section of the read me and so i did a bit of research and i kind of found out how to do it with the bthome hub i have (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub/default.htm) the problem i have is that i cant figure out how to put in the port maps for emergency 4 (second to bottom step). I tried adding them as individual definitions and now when i try and start the game it goes black for a few seconds then back to the desktop. I then deleted the custom Emergency 4 application i had created and the game still wont load. Please help me get the game working again and if you can, help me create the Emergency 4 application (my hub doesn't have it already on there) that will allow me to host matches.