Guest korven

multiplayer mod?

hi

me and my friends have been playing 911 first responders multiplay, and its pretty fun, but as we play there are not a great deal of things that happen, only car accidents, fires and riots..

when i play freeplay there are alot more events occuring, like suicide attemts, hostage situations and such.

my question is: is there a mod that will change this? so that there will be more challenging situations in MP? or can i change/modify some files, like the freeplay file in the specs folder of the game?

i took a sneak peak at the mod tutorial.. but there was nothing in there about multiplay..

thanks in advance

/korven

hi

me and my friends have been playing 911 first responders multiplay, and its pretty fun, but as we play there are not a great deal of things that happen, only car accidents, fires and riots..

when i play freeplay there are alot more events occuring, like suicide attemts, hostage situations and such.

my question is: is there a mod that will change this? so that there will be more challenging situations in MP? or can i change/modify some files, like the freeplay file in the specs folder of the game?

i took a sneak peak at the mod tutorial.. but there was nothing in there about multiplay..

thanks in advance

/korven

The LA MOD usually makes sure you have at least one incident at a time whi;le playing, so it will keep you busy. But it could also be small emergencies. The other mods I don't know, but you could always try out a few.

If you really want to, you can change the freeplay files to raise the number of incidents like it is explained in the tutorial. The only thing you need to make sure is that all people you play online with have the same files else you can't play together. I would also advise to backup the original file so you have it in case something goes wrong or you want to play with 'normal' settings again.

greetz,

The LA MOD usually makes sure you have at least one incident at a time whi;le playing, so it will keep you busy. But it could also be small emergencies. The other mods I don't know, but you could always try out a few.

If you really want to, you can change the freeplay files to raise the number of incidents like it is explained in the tutorial. The only thing you need to make sure is that all people you play online with have the same files else you can't play together. I would also advise to backup the original file so you have it in case something goes wrong or you want to play with 'normal' settings again.

greetz,

ok thanks for the answer

but i what i really mean is: can i mod the freeplay files so that they will work in multiplay without the LA MOD?

the thing, and reason why i ask is this;

me and my friends have been playing some multiplayer. and there have been incidents that we will have had top deal with sure, i dont wanna intensify the number of incidents, but i want MORE incidents to be able to happen.

multiplayer incidents: (that i can remember)

riots

someone running havoc and shooting ppl

fires (different causes, forest fires, cigarettes, explosions and such)

heart failure

traffic accidents

these are picked out of my head, i am at work and cannot check it up :)

but this is all that ever happen, not a great deal of variation between the incidents.

when i play freeplay singleplayer there ALOT more different incidents and more intense. which makes singleplayer harder.

there are alot of vehicles that we doesnt need to use either, like the mobile crane, the k9 handler, the fire boats.. nobody ever is in the water! the getaway car is not even available in multiplayer.

so, can i simply change the freeplay files and it will work in multiplay mode aswell, granting us more variation in missions??

thanks again

/korven

:)

so, can i simply change the freeplay files and it will work in multiplay mode aswell, granting us more variation in missions??

thanks again

/korven

:)

Well you could edit the fp_params_endless_mp.xml file (or if you play challenge fp_params_challenge _mp.xml) located in the Emergency4\data\specs folder. You can increase the AverageFrequency value of certain events so that they will happen more often (bomb alert, gas exploson etc.). It should even be possible to add some events from the single player freeplay file simply by copying and pasting them in the multiplayer file.

BUT to be able to play you would all have to have the same freeplay files, else you aren't able to play online. ALso changing the files comes with the risk that the files won't work at all anymore when you make an error while changing them. So I strongly advice you to make a back-up of the file before you start editing it.

greetz,