Guest Nick

Laptop to play 911/FR

Hi,

basically I'm looking at getting a laptop, and I'd like to play 911/Fr with La Mod on it. I realise desktops are much better for playing games etc etc, but I'm going to university next year, so a laptop will be more practical for then, as well as now due to space constraints at my house currently.

I can get a good deal on a laptop with these specs, I was wondering if I'll be able to play 911/FR on it without laggy gameplay etc:

3GB of memory

160GB hard drive

Nvidia Geforce 8200 graphics card

I'll be using the laptop for msn, internet etc, not jsut games, hence why I don't want to spend ££££ on a gaming laptop.

Thanks for any replies.

Hi,

basically I'm looking at getting a laptop, and I'd like to play 911/Fr with La Mod on it. I realise desktops are much better for playing games etc etc, but I'm going to university next year, so a laptop will be more practical for then, as well as now due to space constraints at my house currently.

I can get a good deal on a laptop with these specs, I was wondering if I'll be able to play 911/FR on it without laggy gameplay etc:

3GB of memory

160GB hard drive

Nvidia Geforce 8200 graphics card

I'll be using the laptop for msn, internet etc, not jsut games, hence why I don't want to spend ££££ on a gaming laptop.

Thanks for any replies.

there are very much different laptop's so you can find them in every price class. my advice is the use of a mac from apple. there are very expensive but there are very usefull, you desktop will always be clean and story about there are bad for gaming isn't true. you can very easy find software to have windows on your mac and change back like a second browser. so my story choose a mac they are a must-have for gamers and people who going to school, high school and university

Just make sure whichever you get has a really nice Video Accelerator Card (NVIDIA for example) 3-4 Gigs of ram and at least 2.0Ghz, preferably more. You can pick up a computer like that for slightly over 1,000 US. Obviously you want a decent sized Harddrive, and the rest of the things come down to what types of purposes you intend to use it for. I use a notebook for gaming and I have yet to find a game which it won't play, and no, it is not a gaming-specific computer.