Guest Firefighter21213

Adding New trucks and sirens Q

Guest Firefighter21213

Alright,Now iv searched for this question and tried to figure this out from every topic i read...Im just plain dumbfounded here...Ok heres the scoop...I took Hoopah's La 1.4 Created a new fire station and Added a ton of fire trucks into the Freeplay map from various Mods...Now i DONT plan to release this,this is just for me,so i hope no one gets mad,But What i am Stuck at is....All the trucks have new Sirens,I dont want Hoopahs trucks to have those sirens,Now i added the sirens into the siren folder,But now i got things all messed up,I did back up the files,So im not worried,However what i got is,The new Sirens are named different but they over lap Hoopahs,Now What i want to do is,Use all the sirens...Id like Hoopahs sirens to stay with his trucks and the other modded trucks to keep theres....I downloaded Hoopahs Sosi files,But i dont understand if im suppose to edit that and how to edit it if I am....I open it in notepad,from there its half German,so i dont understand it,But even more so Where and what do i add to get these sirens to work...I thought i read somewheres all trucks can have a different siren and thats what im trying to do.Heres what I thought i had to do,so Laugh at me if you wish......

Once im in the Sosi script File Take,

// Hier die const char Namen von oben eintragen wie in den beiden Beispielen unten.

if (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_RW) == 0)

{

// Hier muss ein valider Link zu einem Sirensound stehen, in 'mono' codiert!

***I thought was a example----> soundID = Audio::PlaySample3D("mod:Audio/FX/Sirens/Emsiren01.wav", CarPos, true);

}

******Lines added for confusement****

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_GTF) == 0)

{

soundID = Audio::PlaySample3D("mod:Audio/FX/Sirens/Emsiren01.wav", CarPos, true);

So what i understand to do is,This... Go into the Units file,Vehicles,Fire Department,Brush truck**for example**open up the XML Document in notepad and i copy the **mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/brush_truck.e4p** and make it look like this.........

if (StrCompare(mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/brush_truck.e4p(), PROTO_GTF) == 0)

{

**Note Edited (Squad instead of Emsiren01.wav**

soundID = Audio::PlaySample3D("mod:Audio/FX/Sirens/Squad", CarPos, true);

}

}

So how Far off am I or am i just completely Not doing this right??If this is suppose to work,I dont know why its not.But i think im way off,lol...If im off can someone explain how to do this..Thank you for takeing your time reading this and hope it helps anyone with the same problem.

Guest Firefighter21213

Ok nothing yet,How about a example on how to change the sound files to fit different trucks?meaning can anyone submit a small example that would show how to add sirens to a new truck? Just a small example so anyone who needs the help can do it.