helljumper51

I am Creating firefighting Action/RPG

Guest chevyrulzs2010
hey guys. i am currently in the process designing a game about being a firefighter or EMT. its an action rpg thingy. i have been working on it for about 2 years now. and right now i contacted some gaming websites and they want to see support. so here is my idea:

you can create your own character either a firefighter or EMT. then you go through the "academy" otherwise known as a tutorial. and the game works like this. in story mode you are assigned to a randomly generated station as either the firefighter or EMT. whichever you chose will be your job. obviously the firefighter will be assigned to a engine, or Areal, or rescue. while the EMT will be assigned to the same or an ambulance. you can choose which station and or vehicle assignment you want to join up as. think of it like a job application. you get a screen that has all the info about this "job" like what vehicle you are assigned to and what station and etc. and then it will have a pay grade(you use money to upgrade your equipment and other specials)you can decline or accept any job. and once you are there, say you are a firefighter. you are assigned a locker and a position on the truck(if your just made a character at lvl 1 then you will be either exterior, or interior) and a job. then say a call goes out. structure fire at such and such a place. so you go to your locker, put your gear on and go to your truck. you have to hurry or you will miss it!. and you can choose to drive it(even thought its not your position) or ride. if you drive then you have full control of the truck. lights, sirens, everything. and you will get a way point for the position of the fire. think open world. if you ride in it you will hit a load screen and will automatically arrive on scene. you basicaly do what you told by the captain or lt on the truck. stuff like take the crosslay and attack the fire inside or hook up water supply, then ventilate the roof. etc. and all you equipment you find on your truck. but the trick is you have to know where it is on the truck. and its like that. you get xp for completing a fire call or "mission" and can put it towrds either cash, or points like strength or speed etc. and here is the cool part. with money you can purchase new gear, change colors, better equipment and the best part...BACKUP yes like if you have a bad fire, you can use some money to call in a second company to assist. you cant control them, but the will help make the fire easier to control. and with xp you gain lvls. and with new levels you might get a chance to be promoted, or find a better position at the new station. you can go all the way up to captain..or you can just be like a lvl 40 firefighter. and ways to increase you skill points are like, the station has a weight room to get more strength and you can play mini games like in madden where you can lift weights and etc.

for EMT you do the exact same except you can play a medical mini game where you treat patients like in real life.

in free play, you get to have real fun. you can choose a fire station layout design(like how many stories or bays the station has) and then you get a budget to buy vehicles and hire a crew. and the vehicles are full customizable. like you can add crosslays, equipment, lights, etc. change colors too. add text and logo. then once in game you can choose your position or just go free lance and do whatever you want. you can be the captain and give orders, and still go into the building. and you can earn money from different calls to buy new trucks or upgrade your trucks or whatever.

what do you guys think? any suggestions? how do i convince a game company to make this? any ideas on how to get support?

-Eric Smith

NOTE: I AM NOT MAKING THIS GAME! JUST THE IDEA!. I AM TRYING TO GET A COMPANY TO MAKE IT!!!

Ok, not to be rude, or saying you cant do this. but a few things

1. This sounds very much like many other game designs that have been posted here, and in other places, its even got elements from mine.

2. This isnt as realistic as it could be.

3. Getting a company interested is one thing, but making the game as perfect as you want it to be is another.

I hope to see something get done, but im just saying that dont expect a company to do it for you. They get many ideas from people all the time, and they just cant use them all. I am working with a company right now with my game design (which happens to be 13 pages long) and we are discussing the game elements and other things. Im hoping to work things threw. Good job, it has good elements. Im not saying what i said out of disrespect, but im telling you the reality

Guest Pohjoismaa
great idea! i think that it will be better if you could be a policeman too. you can send an e-mail in 1 or more companies and wait for answers:).

Yes, could be nice if can be police officer too ;)

Guest emergency captain

Is this whole thing still going on!? I had an idea about thhis before. Would be cool if you could push buttons to start vehicles and stuff like that.